Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval Odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval Odds?

Hi all,

I wanted to see what people think about my approval odds for the CSR. My full credit profile is below:

FICO8 Scores:

• TU (4/23/19): 788
  • EX (4/23/19): 768
  • EP (4/23/19): 750

Current Indiviudal Cards:

• Capital One QS: CL - $10k (opened 10/18)
  • Discover IT: CL - $3k (opened 9/18)

Current AU on Cards:

• Chase Co-Branded: CL - $10.4k (opened 3/03)
  • Chase Co-Branded: CL - $25k (1/15)

AAoA (with AU cards) - 5y4m

AAoA (without AU cards) - 7m

Total utilization - 3%

Utilization on individual cards - 1-2%

HP in past 6 months - 0

HP in last 24 months - 1-3 (varies by bureau)

New accounts in last 6 months - 0

New accounts in last 24 months - 2

Income: $88k base, $110k after bonuses

100% payment history, no baddies 

I also was an AU on a BoA card, but was removed. However the card is still showing on my TU report. The BoA card was opened 6/01, CL - $39.4k, 100% payment history (not sure if this would be considered.)

I have no banking relationship with Chase, and there is not a branch in my state to see about pre-approval. I am concered about my short personal credit history, and am unsure how the cards I am an AU would affect that concern. Additionally, I am looking for a long-term travel card to use for work, and wondering my odds on recon if I am denied? Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval Odds?

Im no expert, but my guess would be that you would get approved, good scores and income. Only possible concern is like you mention the length of history. Goodluck! Let us know how it goes if you decide to pull the trigger.
Message 2 of 9
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

As long as your debt to income ratio is good, you look golden.

If you have bought cars or a house recently you may want to dig a little deeper than your revolvers.

When we bought our current home, 23 years ago, many banks thought we were over extended. We were.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Message 4 of 9
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Pull that trigger!

Congratulations!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

.Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval Odds?

I think that you have a good chance of approval. That being said, the variable will be how Chase views your length of history.  If they only take into account the age of accounts you are responsible for, (7 mos), that could present an issue.  DP's here suggest that Chase likes at least a year of history.  Also, the CSR has a 10k minimum SL and Chase tends to not want to be your first highest CL.  If they give you the benefit of the AU accounts, you should be good to go.

Good Luck!

Message 6 of 9
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: .Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval Odds?

Everyone is spot on here Op.  Your profile looks great and *if there were any question about anything, perhaps as stated it's the length of history.  I can tell you at the time I was approved for the CSR, I did not have a card at the 10k limit, so I likely was not in the standard data point for CSR approval.  They did however approve me with a lower score back then compared to yours and thus extended me the first 10k SL in my wallet.  YMMV but you ultimately will need to take the leap and see how they view you.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

*Update*

Thank you all for the advice. I applied and recieved the 7-10 day message. Fearing this was a decline, I called the recon line immediatley and walked through some of my data points. After being on hold for a while and some positive remarks from the credit analyst, he informed me they couldn't approve me due to not having long enough credit history on my individual accounts. He was very nice and suggested I reapply in the future.

Feeling defeated, I applied shortly thereafter for the Uber Visa Card. Had to verify identity and was approved for a $10k CL. Although not as prestigious as the CSR, I think the Uber Visa will be a good holdover for a few months to garden until I reappy! 

Message 8 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear about the outcome of your CSR application. But, congrats on the other approval @Anonymous.

Locking this thread as you have been approved for the other product. Feel free to start a new approval thread in the Approvals forum if you would like to do so.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.