Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval Odds?

tag
RKintaudi
Established Member

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval Odds?

Hey all,,

I've been looking into the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card as I do quite a bit of travel in the early parts of the year and take two one-week long vacations each year. Currently, I have the Chase Sapphire Preferred, but with the spending on travel and dining that I do, getting the reserve makes sense. My details are below

AAoA: 2.7 years

Credit Cards: Listed in signature

Total Credit Line: $48,900

Utilization: 16.6%

Income: $55,000+

Auto Loan: MACU $7,724 

Student Loan: $11,000

FICO EX: 722 | FICO EQ 733 | FICO TU 738

Additional Info: I may apply for one other travel card and end my "spree" of 2 cards for the year Smiley Happy

What are my odds on getting the Chase Sapphire Reserve given my details? For what it's worth, I'm at exactly 5/24 per the Chase policy, so I would have to prefer in branch. In fact I prefer to apply in branch to lock in that bonus 100K ultimate rewards points.

Thanks to everyone for reading.

S.K.

Starting Score (Average) | Current Score (Average) | Goal Score (Average): 750

Current Credit Cards: BofA Cash Rewards: CL - $9,200 | Chase Freedom: CL - $3,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: CL - $9,000 | Delta American Express SkyMiles Card: CL - $16,300 | Goldenwest Credit Union Visa Rewards: CL - $7,500 | Mountain America Credit Union Visa Rewards: CL - $10,000 | RC Willey Credit Card: CL - $3,000 | Synchrony Bank /Cards: CL - $7.000
Total CL: $65,000 | Utilization: 12.13%
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
degs138
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval Odds?

I would get my utilization down under 10% before I app'd.  I usually try to be under 10% when I app for Chase cards.  Especially if I don't have a pre-approval.  

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 2 of 45
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@degs138 wrote:

I would get my utilization down under 10% before I app'd.  I usually try to be under 10% when I app for Chase cards.  Especially if I don't have a pre-approval.  

^^^This totally.  I take it a step further and report 0% whenever I app, I usually only have $100-200 report to keep the fico love going and it reports as 0%.  that aside I think you will probably get the card so enjoy it

Message 3 of 45
RKintaudi
Established Member

Dang, 

I don't think I'll be able to get under 10% before the promotion ends. Now to determine if it's worth the risk of getting the HP for a card I may be declined for.

Current Credit Cards: BofA Cash Rewards: CL - $9,200 | Chase Freedom: CL - $3,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: CL - $9,000 | Delta American Express SkyMiles Card: CL - $16,300 | Goldenwest Credit Union Visa Rewards: CL - $7,500 | Mountain America Credit Union Visa Rewards: CL - $10,000 | RC Willey Credit Card: CL - $3,000 | Synchrony Bank /Cards: CL - $7.000
Message 4 of 45
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@RKintaudi wrote:

Dang, 

I don't think I'll be able to get under 10% before the promotion ends. Now to determine if it's worth the risk of getting the HP for a card I may be declined for.

you have over 2 weeks, what do you owe to who and is the csp 0?  how much would bring you under 10%

Message 5 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to branch for pre-approval.

I don't see why you wouldn't get it. To this day I personally get Chase approvals with certain limits reporting as high as 50%, With overall being below 3%.
Message 6 of 45
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Go to branch for pre-approval.

I don't see why you wouldn't get it. To this day I personally get Chase approvals with certain limits reporting as high as 50%, With overall being below 3%.

its my understanding that an approval will not show for the csr.  heck he has csp, that is gold in itself. 

Message 7 of 45
RKintaudi
Established Member

@Nixon: I went into the branch last weekend. Didn't qualify for a pre-approval due to me opting out of screening (though I don't recall when I did). In any case, my total utilization is 16.6%

@bourgogne The balances on my CSP and Chase Freedom cards are $0. The amount that will get me to below 10% is about $3.2k (I definitely don't think it's worth paying that much on my balances.)

The only cards that carry balances are my credit union cards (5.9k for my Goldenwest card and 2.36k for my Mountain America card). 

Message 8 of 45
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@RKintaudi wrote:

@Anonymous: I went into the branch last weekend. Didn't qualify for a pre-approval due to me opting out of screening (though I don't recall when I did). In any case, my total utilization is 16.6%

@bourgogne The balances on my CSP and Chase Freedom cards are $0. The amount that will get me to below 10% is about $3.2k (I definitely don't think it's worth paying that much on my balances.)

The only cards that carry balances are my credit union cards (5.9k for my Goldenwest card and 2.36k for my Mountain America card). 

you seem conservative which is fine.  only you know if its worth paying down your cards or something is worth a hp.  all I can say is you might want to research what 104K in ur's will bring you.  I apped for a csp 2 weeks ago for half that # of ur's and it was totally worth it to me but then I am a pt hound lol.  good luck

Message 9 of 45
noobody
Established Contributor

Exact 5/24 means you most likely been declined.
Other profile looks fine, chase exposure looks ok also.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.