cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Changes Renewal Date of $300 Travel Credit from December to January.

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Chase Sapphire Reserve Changes Renewal Date of $300 Travel Credit from December to January.

1Chase Sapphire Reserve Changes Renewal Date of $300 Travel Credit from December to January [Affects Grandfathered CSR Members Only]

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-sapphire-reserve-changes-renewal-date-of-300-travel-credit-from...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Changes Renewal Date of $300 Travel Credit from December to January.

I just did a PC to mine this year, so I'm not affected by the change.  But I can still complain, right?  Smiley Wink

So I (finally) got dinged with the $525 AF (DW is an AU, math worked out to keep her on) over the weekend for a statement that will close later this month so it looks like my renewal date is going to be December 1st every year.  However, I originally opened this card as a CSP (me being LOL/24, CSRs not showing up as green checkmark offers until recently, and no branch for an in-branch prequalification for hundreds of miles) 23 months ago in January, which should be my account anniversary date.  But of course looking at UR Dashboard, my travel credit reads: Your next year's $300 Annual Travel Credit will begin after your statement closing date in 08/2019, which coincides with the month that I did the product change.

So account opening in January, travel credit renews in August, and AF bills in December.  Makes sense!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Changes Renewal Date of $300 Travel Credit from December to January.

I believe DoC clarified that this was a glitch.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.