Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Delay Benefit

tag
CantSmashThis
Established Member

Chase Sapphire Reserve Delay Benefit

Hi Everyone,

I just had some questions regarding the travel delay benefit and was wondering if anyone has had experience with it and could help me out.

So originally I had flown from US > Tokyo and was supposed to spend 1 night in Tokyo and then fly to Korea the next day. Unfortunately, that next day was the day Typhoon 19 hit Japan and had my flight cancelled. I'm assuming the $500 would go towards covering my extra nights of hotel in Japan until I can depart to Korea (the earliest I could book was Tuesday). Do I need to somehow show proof that from the airline that Tuesday was indeed the earliest I could have gotten from them? (I'd hope not, because dealing with the airline was such a pain, especially since it's foreign and has no US call number and they only have an English speaker at certain hours).

I believe all my expenses for eating would be covered as well right? (As long as they're under $50?). It says transportation would be covered as well, does that mean they'd reimburse me for taking the subway around Tokyo? Since they mainly use a IC card that you can top up, can I provide receipts of me topping up my card and get reimbursements for all of that?

Lastly, some items I did not have a receipt to, but I took a picture of. Such as a ramen vending machine ticket that had the price, date and name of the restaurant on a little stub, do you think that would be sufficient enough?

Thanks for any and all help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Delay Benefit

I'm sure there are a few people here who can help, but this thread might help you, too:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1779207-csp-csr-trip-cancellation-delay-insur...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.