Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve Odds?

Hey y'all thinking about applying for the CSR. I need yalls help on whether you think I will be approved or not.
The thing that has me questioning it is that I just opened my CSP 3 months ago.
EX, TU, EQ are all 718
Credit history 1 year 6 months
No late payments
CSP-$5000
FU-$2500
Best Buy VC-$1000

Thank y'all!
7 REPLIES 7
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Odds?

While I do think your Credit Score is high enough, the biggest concerns from what I'm seeing is the fact you're credit history is only 1 year 6 months. Another thing to note is the fact you have a 10k card (minimum limit needed for the CSR). While possible, I think you should wait until you get more credit history or build your limits up so Chase has something to go on.

Hope this helps 

Eric

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the average went down a lot when I got the CSP. It was 4 and a half years of credit history before that card
Message 3 of 8
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah the average went down a lot when I got the CSP. It was 4 and a half years of credit history before that card

Do you mean your Average Age of Accounts?

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Id wait until the CSP is 6 months old and then try.  

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, don't app yet.  You are on the cusp and anyone on the cusp is best adviced to hold off IMO.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Should-I-app-for-Would-I-get-approved-for-t...

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice I was thinking about waiting until they raise the bonus as well.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd wait. AAOA is okay in my opinion. Income plays a bigger role with premium credit cards too. The thing for me is the newly opened CSP. I'd wait until you start getting green check offers from Chase. You won't get one for the CSR but I see them as Chase telling you you're good to go with more cards. Everything else looks okay to me though. Last I would add that the bonus on the CSR probably won't go up anytime soon. They just lowered it and with it still being a better card than the Amex Platinum even after they upgraded the perks, I don't see why they would need to up it anytime soon.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.