cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve / Preferred Approval Odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve / Preferred Approval Odds?

Hello all!

I am currently considering opening a card with Chase, which is one lender I never got to crack.

The reason being my lack of SSN, which I'm receiving within 2 weeks, finally (and just after the Equifax hack as well, what luck haha)!

So obviously, I'll be reporting to me existing lenders my new SSN and wait about a month for the reports to be consolidated, and then applying for the card after I've confirmed.

Having said that, I'm considering applying for two cards (I'm 3/24 atm): the Freedom, and a Sapphire card. I can definitely spend CSR $300 travel credit, but I have no use for the Priority Pass as I already have an Amex Plat and I never bring more than one guest. I'm also not sure if I'll be spending enough in dining and travel to make up the difference in fees against the CSP, because I mainly buy flights on my Plat, which I plan to continue to do so (I know 3 UR can be as valuable as 5 MR, but I like Amex's int'l transfer partners as well, and the Plat's not getting too much spend other than flight tickets), but considering the one-Sapphire-per-customer rule, my decision is up in the air a bit.

In the interest of brevity, here are my stats:

AAoA 11 months (lol)

Income 67k

No lates, no baddies

4 cards - BoA (6k), Citi (2k), Amex BCE (1.5k), Amex Plat (NPSL, 35k PoT)

1 credit builder secured loan

FICO8 EX 739, TU 728

What're my chances for each (Freedom, CSP, CSR, applying for two at once), in your opinion? I could visit a branch and find out, but the closest one is 75 miles from home Smiley Sad

Thanks all for any help or comments!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve / Preferred Approval Odds?

Oh and my utilization is at about 12% currently.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest hitting up the credit pulls database and seeing the scores/profiles that others that got approved/denied for the card had and make your decision based on that research.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. I did do that and my scores seem relatively safe for the CSP, but I was asking about the double application along with Freedom, and about my short AAoA.

I'm also wondering about CSR's 10k minimum CL, since I don't yet have another 10k card. Has anyone successfully gotten the CSR w/o a similar CL card on profile?
Message 4 of 5
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I would think that a Freedom would be a fairly safe bet.  Then from there you can look at the my offers section and see what shows up there in a few months.  I took a Freedom on an almost blank report and have since added a FU and a CSP through my offers.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.