cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - Your Offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve - Your Offers?

Can someone with a CSR offer screen shot it?  I have never seen this unicorn as evidence from a screen shot.

On other forums people swear they had CSR offers but when they post a screen shot, it's CSP.  Endless arguments trying to explain to folks that CSP and CSR are two different products :/

Screenshot if you see it, please!

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.wsj.com/articles/j-p-morgan-chases-sapphire-reserve-card-gets-a-new-chief-1512918001
"
Around that time the bank sent an internal notice to branch employees stating it would no longer preapprove customers for the card, according to the late January memo reviewed by the Journal.

When bank customers meet with JPMorgan personal bankers for matters relating to their deposit accounts, personal bankers often suggest credit-card offers that they can qualify for. According to the memo, though, the bank wouldn’t include Sapphire Reserve among the cards it pitches to them."
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that bites if it's true that pre-approved offers for CSR in-branch have ended.  I've been asking my personal banker about once a week, but I never asked them if they've seen any recent offers for it.  I'll change that when I am back in town in January and ask specifically if they've seen any CSRs.

I planned to avoid CSP and just app for CSR in 2019 under 5/24 but if I see a CSP offer, I believe I'll just snag it an let it age a year and try to PC to CSR.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.  Since I go under 5/24 around March 2019 (assuming zero other apps), if I get CSP before March 2018 then I can PC after a year and end up with CSR at the same time frame, while using the card if it maximized value during an entire year period.

Message 13 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous:  Do you currently have a Sapphire card (Regular or Preferred?)

They changed the rules so that you cannot possess more than ONE sapphire product at a time.  So you'd have to PC the existing card to a freedom, app for the new card, and the move your points back.

Chase is really trying hard to make things difficult.

Also, someone more knowledgeable than I can probably answer this:  does the bonus wait timer apply to the entire sapphire product set or can you get a CSR bonus within 2 years of a CSP?

There is a way to get CSP and CSR on same day and both bonuses counting but 8k spend may be a lot for a  lot of people to handle to meet MSR.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.