Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Upgrade???

tag
mgeorges
Valued Member

Chase Sapphire Upgrade???

I just got approved for a Chase Freedom with a 4k limit and I was wondering if within a year or so of good history if i would be able to upgrade the card to a Sapphire or will i have to do an entirely new application?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Upgrade???

@mgeorges wrote:

I just got approved for a Chase Freedom with a 4k limit and I was wondering if within a year or so of good history if i would be able to upgrade the card to a Sapphire or will i have to do an entirely new application?

You are already in with Chase Freedom - I would use the card and app for the Sapphire after 6 months so you can get the Sapphire sign up bonus. Upgrading your Freedom card will not allow you to get the bonus.

Message 2 of 4
mgeorges
Valued Member

@tntexans72 wrote:

@mgeorges wrote:

You are already in with Chase Freedom - I would use the card and app for the Sapphire after 6 months so you can get the Sapphire sign up bonus. Upgrading your Freedom card will not allow you to get the bonus.

Thank you for the response.

I will probably wait about a year and apply for the sapphire.

I want to be sure I can get it because I will have solid history with chase. 

Message 3 of 4
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@mgeorges wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

@mgeorges wrote:

Thank you for the response.

I will probably wait about a year and apply for the sapphire.

I want to be sure I can get it because I will have solid history with chase. 

I know Chase will do a HP for a CLI...sometimes you may get lucky and only get a soft pull. It happened to me one time when I had their Platinum card now Slate. For example, you can speak to a CSR after 6 months of having your Freedom and see if they will do a soft pull for a CLI of your Freedom from $4k to maybe $6k or $8k. Depending on what you feel comfortable with.....cause when you do decide to app for the Sapphire, they will match your Freedom card CL.

I have a Slate, Freedom Sig and when I was approved for their 3rd product card, they matched my CL to Slate and Freedom Sig. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.