cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire employee gave first congrats!

tag
acb5456
Regular Contributor

Chase Sapphire employee gave first congrats!

Called in yesterday to alert Chase that a large purchase was going to put onto my Sapphire card. He thanked me for the alert and asked the amount, "a little over $6,000," I told him, "at Jareds, the jewelry store!" (I'm sweating bullets at this point for the purchase I'm about to make!)

He then said, "Well let me be the first to congratulate you, I know she will be a very happy girl!"

I was so happy to hear that! Though I thought it was interesting because I could have been purchasing anything expensive really! A necklace, earrings, etc! But it's an engagement ring!

Can't wait until our trip to Rome & Istanbul in March, how am I going to hold this in and not spill the beans before we leave?!

Thanks for reading, Merry Christmas Smiley Happy
Chase Sapphire: $10,000 | Amex BCE: $15,000 | BofA Cash Rewards WMC: $15,000 | Discover IT: $15,000

FICO: TU-793 (Discover), EX-805 (Amex), EQ-790
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Sapphire employee gave first congrats!

Congrats and enjoy your trips as well!

I would call in anything above 2-3k in a charge just to make sure I wasn't embarassed in a store before hand like you did!  I dread that happening ever.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the ring!!! Good luck!

Message 3 of 20
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

Are you going to propose in Rome or Istanbul?? Congratulations, and Merry Christmas!

PRG NPSL - Reserve 4.5k - Delta Gold 6.5k - Ritz 6.8k - CSP 5k
My Credit story
Message 4 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Congratulations!

Though the barclay ring would have been a lot cheaper Smiley Wink 

Message 5 of 20
chalupaman
Super Contributor

That's awesome. I'm very happy for you there. Merry Christmas!

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 20
acb5456
Regular Contributor

Thank you all very much!!! I'm so excited!

Gornet: I think I will propose in Rome, being the Eternal City and all! But I will have the ring with me the whole trip just in case we stumble on a beautifully romantic spot in Istanbul, which I think would be neat as well Smiley Happy
Chase Sapphire: $10,000 | Amex BCE: $15,000 | BofA Cash Rewards WMC: $15,000 | Discover IT: $15,000

FICO: TU-793 (Discover), EX-805 (Amex), EQ-790
Message 7 of 20
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats...Enjoy trips too.....I'm jealous

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So acb came online and told everybody-

"But it's an engagement ring!"

So that joker bought a 6k ring, flying to Rome to pop the question so add another 3k, food and pther stuff prolly 1000, and he's in for 10k on the ENGAGEMENT!Heart  So what ya got lined up on the honeymoon??  Youre the man.

I just gotta ask- You sure this is a done deal??Man Surprised

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not that my vote matters but pick Rome! Trevi Fountain at night is lovely but you would probably have an audience. Many other spots to choose from Smiley Very Happy Major congrats. What a beautiful surprise for her.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.