cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire to Sapphire Preferred?

tag
josh9955

Chase Sapphire to Sapphire Preferred?

I was just approved for a Chase Sapphire earlier today and now im regretting not applying for the Sapphire Preferred.

Is it possible to convert it already?  Will they pull hard again?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire to Sapphire Preferred?

Congrats on your approval I doubt they will but you can try but ask them to use the same HP...Thats about all you can do

good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats on your approval I doubt they will but you can try but ask them to use the same HP...Thats about all you can do

good luck

I agree, it may be another HP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 8
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

oops  misread the OP...  disreguard my earlier statment, perhaps call the recon number see if they can fix it witout a new HP or at least verify you will be approved if you do a second AP.

CONGRATS!!!!!

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 8
bribro
Valued Contributor

It is unlikely that you'll be able to PC at this point without another hard pull. If you get lucky and they do allow it, be sure to get the 40k signup bonus. Otherwise, you might as well wait a few months and apply again for the CSP outright.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 5 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I think I would wait 6 months and cold app for it to get the bonus and have them transfer your Sapphire CL to it!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 8
slweal87
Contributor

I feel the same exact way! I just activated my non-preferred Sapphire yesterday. The only problem with waiting and applying for the prefferred later is that I hear rumors the opening 40,000 pt bonus won't be around much longer. Original Poster, did you end up inquiring about it?
1. WFCU Visa (2,000) 2. Chase Freedom (1,500) 3. Chase Amazon (300) 4. Chase Sapphire non-preferred (5,000) 5. Discover IT (3,500) 6. Capital One Quicksilver (3,000) 7. Citibank Dividend (4,300) 8. AMEX Costco True Earnings (5,000) 9. Barclaycard Arrival w/ AF (3,000) 10. Target REDcard (2,700) 11. Amex Blue Cash Everyday (10,000)
Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@slweal87 wrote:
I feel the same exact way! I just activated my non-preferred Sapphire yesterday. The only problem with waiting and applying for the prefferred later is that I hear rumors the opening 40,000 pt bonus won't be around much longer. Original Poster, did you end up inquiring about it?

The rumors are just that - rumors.  I doubt that due to the product's popularity and success that this will be nerfed or discontinued at any point in the near future.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.