Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Scheduled Account Review

tag
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Chase Scheduled Account Review

Not sure if this is common knowledge or helpful to anyone, but I just called Chase asking if they had any promotional APRs available. They did not (and I already have the lowest normal APR they offer for my card with them), but the rep did give me one bit of info that I was surprised to hear.

She said that I should call in again after my next "account review" and we could check at that time. I asked when that was and she said it would be on May 18th of this year. I wonder if this information could be used to somehow work into my favor in regard to getting a higher credit limit, for example. My current limit for this particular card is about $27,000, so I'm not concerned about myself, but for all other members here, it sounds like you can call in and ask for your next account review date and I'm sure you could somehow set yourself up for a favorable review.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Scheduled Account Review

This is definitely interesting info. I wonder how they’re timed.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 2 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Thanks for the tip!

Message 3 of 14
financialfreedom777
Regular Contributor

Well that’s informative! Many thanks for sharing 😉🤓
Starting Score: 12/18/2019 EQ 601 | TU 614 | EX 596
Current Score after recent fall from grace: 02/8/2023 EQ 647 | TU 660 | EX 663
Goal Score: 780

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting, thanks for posting.

What month did you get your card, month of last CLI? Might be indication of when reviews are?

Message 5 of 14
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonder what an account review entails. More in depth analysis of the account,  including amount of spend each month, types of transactions, etc. That would be great to know. I'm sure it's more than if you pay on time and whether you carry a balance or not. 

Does the 18th of the month correspond to your closing date or due date?

Message 7 of 14
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Sorry guys, I could not find any correlation/connection to the date the customer service rep gave me. I should have asked her more about what happens during an account review, as she seemed pretty knowledgable and open to sharing that kind of information. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kerplunk wrote:

Sorry guys, I could not find any correlation/connection to the date the customer service rep gave me. I should have asked her more about what happens during an account review, as she seemed pretty knowledgable and open to sharing that kind of information. 

That's ok, I wouldn't have expected anyone to find out. They may tip when it happens. I've gotten emails from issuers asking to update my income by a certain date and by doing so,  its possible I could get a CLI. So at least income is reviewed and an auto CLI is possible. Its probably best to keep income up to date. 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is interesting. I feel like my account review is usually around March/April which is usually when I also make updates to my income after review processes. It's been helpful to CLI's on my Freedom, FU and CSR in that window. Amazon won't move for some reason from the original SL

Definitely plan on calling sometime in the near future. Trying to avoid HPs right now, but there are data points on this site about SP CLI coming from calls and maybe I can talk them into an APR reduction or something. Thanks for this info!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.