Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate 0% BT for existing customers? Please help

tag
JKSIMMONS
Regular Contributor

Chase Slate 0% BT for existing customers? Please help

I'm at the end of a 0% bt offer with chase on the slate card. Does anyone know if they offer the 0% BT offer to existing customers?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Slate 0% BT for existing customers? Please help

@hwturner17 wrote:

I'm at the end of a 0% bt offer with chase on the slate card. Does anyone know if they offer the 0% BT offer to existing customers?

Usually, with most card issuers, to get the 0% BT, the transfer has to come from a card that is not issued by the same bank.

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 2 of 9
jhutt50
Valued Member

You already have a Slate card, you wouldn't be able to open a new one.  Also, you can't balance transfer balances within a single bank.

Starting Score (Not Sure of Agency) 615 Current Scores EX 720 (FAKO) (02/27/2013) TU 683 (03/04/2013) EQ
Cap One Quicksilver (11/11) - $2500 | Chase Freedom (01/12) - $500 | Discover IT (03/12) - $6000 | AMEX BCP (09/12) - $4000 | US Bank Cash Plus Rewards (09/12) - $5000 | PFCU Rewards (09/12) - $2500 | Citi Diamond Preferred (10/12) - $1800 | Walmart (10/12) - $2000 | Amazon (10/12) - $1700 | Men's Wearhouse (10/12) - $1750 | Kohls (11/12) - $300 | Chase Amazon (12/12) - $2500 | Chase Sapphire (02/13) - $6000 | Barclay Arrival (05/13) - $2500 | Chase Slate (05/13) - $2500
Message 3 of 9
JKSIMMONS
Regular Contributor

@Odiseous wrote:

@hwturner17 wrote:

Usually, with most card issuers, to get the 0% BT, the transfer has to come from a card that is not issued by the same bank.

Thanks for the response. I don't think I was clear, my mistake. What I meant to ask was if you can do it after you have already done one. The balance would becoming from another institution. I just didn't know if they offered it as an into offer or if it's a standing or periodic offer for existing customers like NFCU or discover do.

Message 4 of 9
Stralem
Established Contributor

As in, are you trying to extend the original offer? Or are you trying to BT from the Slate to another Chase card?

If it's the former, you may be able to get an extension. Never hurts to ask. If it's the latter, you can't do balance transfers between cards from the same issuer.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 5 of 9
JKSIMMONS
Regular Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

As in, are you trying to extend the original offer? Or are you trying to BT from the Slate to another Chase card?

If it's the former, you may be able to get an extension. Never hurts to ask. If it's the latter, you can't do balance transfers between cards from the same issuer.

I am almost done paying off a balance that I transferred to the slate card at 0% when I opened the card. I have a balance I am paying interest on at NFCU and want to get it to a 0% card. Instead of opening a brand new card, I was wondering if the 0% bt offer is only offered to new slate customers OR if existing customers can take advantage of it as well. I'd rather not open another card. I know NFCU offers 0% bt offers to existing customers. Just want to know if the slate card does the same

SO....NFCU to existing chase slate card at 0%. Is it possible or is it only an introductory offer?

Message 6 of 9
Stralem
Established Contributor

I honestly don't know. It'd be better to call Chase and see what they can do for you.

The worst they can do is laugh you off the phone and jack your APR to 39.99% after you hang up. No big.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 7 of 9
JKSIMMONS
Regular Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

I honestly don't know. It'd be better to call Chase and see what they can do for you.

The worst they can do is laugh you off the phone and jack your APR to 39.99% after you hang up. No big.

lol yeah I guess that's not so bad! My alternative is to apply for the freedom card bc that is what I would want from them. Outside of a BT, the slate card is pretty useless.

Message 8 of 9
JKSIMMONS
Regular Contributor

Bump.

Still interested to see if anyone has had additional 0% balance transfer offers from slate.

To be clear, I am asking if anyone has had a balance transfer offer with slate, paid it off, and was then offered another 0% balance transfer for their slate card FROM ANOTHER FI. Discover and citi seem to throw these offers out to their existing customers all the time. I am wondering if slate does this as well.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.