Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate Denied. Options?

tag
Shock
Established Contributor

Chase Slate Denied. Options?

I got a mailer and decided to app. 7-10 day message. Denied upon recon. Says too many new accounts. Advice?

Reasoning was too many new accounts and listed all of them back to February 2013..

But FWIW, I ws approved for my Chase Southwest and BOA Travel 5/2/14 and Barclays 5/23/14

Is it an automatic denial if within 30 days of being approved for a card?

Help please! Would like to do a balance transfer of 6500 or so with a 0% APR offer

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
compassion101
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Slate Denied. Options?

Doesn't the Barclays have a 0% transfer offer? If you are looking for 0 fee too, then Slate is the only one of those I know of

Message 2 of 16
gh17
Frequent Contributor

Some credit unions do a 0% balance transfer fee.  That might be an option.  From what I've see, a lot of them are no-fee but then 3% APR for x months offers though (instead of true 0% offers), so in that case, better to pay the fee and transfer to Barclays (if it's 0%).

I don't think any of the major banks offer 0% no-fee promotions, besides Chase with the Slate.

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 3 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Did you offer to move some of your current Chase CL's to open the slate? I think you are at your current internal limit.

Message 4 of 16
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@Shock wrote:

I got a mailer and decided to app. 7-10 day message. Denied upon recon. Says too many new accounts. Advice?

Reasoning was too many new accounts and listed all of them back to February 2013..

But FWIW, I ws approved for my Chase Southwest and BOA Travel 5/2/14 and Barclays 5/23/14

Is it an automatic denial if within 30 days of being approved for a card?

Help please! Would like to do a balance transfer of 6500 or so with a 0% APR offer

Citi Simplicity has 0% for 18 months on any purchase / Balance transfer.

They deposit the money into your bank account through ACH. Easier approval especially because you already have a card with them.

Message 5 of 16
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

No I don't think it's auto denial if you apply for 2 Chase cards within 30 days, but probably a much more difficult approval to get.  I'm surprised they didn't ask you to move some of that limit around, your Southwest card might be too new.

Message 6 of 16
Shock
Established Contributor

My SW has not even reported yet, apped on 5/2. Everything else is already reporting though..when they ask you "why have you been actively seeking credit" what is the best answer? I responded with "I want to establish myself and expand my portfolio, and also to continue my relationship with you guys". i have also said "im looking to travel" and also for the Slate particularly "I want to take advantage of a balance transfer". Im not sure I hit my internal limit just yet. They gave me a 12k SW card and a 300 dollar CLI (HP yuck) on Freedom before moving some line over. Was my BT limit too high? I put down 6580 (which is true) but maybe my internal limit was 5k more or something. I feel I should recon again...but am unsure of what to say this time 

Also, thanks for the replies but I want to make this HP count. My CU has a 0% APR for 12 months and no BT fee.

Also, my end goal was to BT, pay it off, then close the card and move the lines over.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 7 of 16
newUser0
Established Contributor

Hey Shock. Are you willing to transfer some CL from SW to your slate? Then you can probably ask them in this direction and take what ever they can lend you at this time and get a CLI later down the road.

Message 8 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Forgive me for not being able to find it, but what are your FICOs like?? Aaoa??

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 16
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Good FICO scores or not, with a thinnish file and multiple new accounts and a brand new one from Chase this past month equals deny.... :-/

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.