Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate Recon Question

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Chase Slate Recon Question

I applied for the Slate card last Friday and recieved the "pending further review" response, which is always a denial for me.

Today, I called the back door number aboiut the status and the rep. who was super nice told me the application was declined and to next time call right after applying (which I sort of knew but was not ready to do the recon on the phone). 

Anyways, he looked over my report and said they could not approve me because there are 2 collections on my account, one from 2008 and another from 2011.

I also have a 9.5 year old bankruptcy, which I did include a Chase United Visa. 

He did say that my payment history and credit management is really good expect one card I have is at 48%(which was bad timing because I paid that card off last week) utilization and they really like to see lower utilizations. 

He put me on hold, looked things over and said if I did not have the two collections I would definitely be approved and he was going to send me a letter explaing the main causes because the denial letter sent out just says bankruptcy on it. Long story short, the bamkruptcy I guess is old enough now where they are not mad or feeling burned but want to see the collections gone.

I am tempted to call again tomorrow and see if I have luck with another agent. My credit score is 660, bankrputcy when I was 19 so maybe they can understand I was young and have been somewhat better over the years. 

Should I pay the collection from 2011? It is a portfolio recovery collection and they update it every month as 120 days deliquent. 

Thank you for taking the time reading this long winded story. I know I should just garden and be patient and apply again in a year for a better card. I just read so much about people getting approved after a 2 or 3 recon. Thanks for your help! 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Slate Recon Question

I doubt just paying the CA is going to be enough to approve, I would wait till the BK is excluded from your reports and have settled with the CA. BTW a CA cannot report a payment history. I would try another recon since you have already taken the HP.

Message 2 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

Thank you for the reply. I find it so weird how this Collection is reported, the status, the reported date and and opening date are confusing.

It says

Last payment 9/1/10

Collection account

Opened 9/1/13 

Report 9/1/10

Does that sound right? 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

For what it is worth, you are at 9.5 with your BK and I had the three credit bureaus drop the BK early by a month or two so this item will go away shortly. Chase talked to me after the BK fell off.
Message 4 of 11
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

IMHO....I believe they have an issue with a BK showing on your report followed by 2 collections in 2008 and 2011.  I would let that BK drop before I apply again, because applying now and getting another denial is only pushing you backwards.  

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I applied and got instantly approved for the Chase Freedom card with 1500 CL.  I then decided after some time to apply for the State because of the benefits of another card with 0% APR and favorable balance transfer terms.  When I applied for slate i got the further time is required to verify your application.  I waited a few hours and called the recon number, both reps I spoke with mentioned they see an approval for Chase Freedom but don't see an application at all for Slate.  1 recommended I apply again because it doesn't take long for them to get application status and the other was rather rude and wasn't trying to help.  What do you guys recommend I do?  I know plently have had success with Chase recon.  Not sure if some of you maybe ran into this issue.  

Thanks in advance.  

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

beni...
Call the automated status number on the backdoor thread. It should give you the update of the slate app. If it is mentioned in the system, then call the backdoor number again.
I did the same, albeit a few days after my app, and had great success!
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Decided to call in and only got information about the Chase Freedom card.  Called recon number one more time and they verified a second time to apply again for it as something must have errored out.  So I went ahead and applied a second time and got the same information on more time is needed to review your application.  I called recon number within a few minutes the rep mentioned my freedom application and I kindly thanked him for the information but that I was looking for more information on Slate.  Put me on hold for a few minutes came back on asked some questions more hold.  Said I needed to fax ID and I mentioned that I've had a banking relationship with Chase for the last year plus and if it was possible to see that account to verify whatever he needed to verify by asking for my ID.  Took 1 minute or so and said i'd been approved for 1500 CL.  Not crazy about CL but happy i've established a relationship with other bank outside of Cap 1. i'll probably go into holding with what I have and hope for CLI without my request.  

I've gotten like 3 inventations to apply for the Citi American AAvantage Gold Card but i'll probably sit on it rewards aren't all that intreguing as I never get my airline tickets directly from the airline.  

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

damn bro , bankruptcy when you were 19?wth...
Message 9 of 11
juggar
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
damn bro , bankruptcy when you were 19?wth...

Exactly what I though.... 

Its all I could think about after reading OP's post. Something doesnt sound right about that....

Amex Green, Chase Freedom(7.5K), Nationwide Visa Signature(6K), Chase Sapphire Preferred(6k), Cap One VentureOne visa signature (5K) BoA Cash Rewards siggy (5K), BoA travel rewards visa siggy(5K) PayPal Extras Mastercard(5K), Capital One QuickSilver(2.25K) Newegg Preferred Account(2K), Citi Forward(3.4K), Dell Account(2K) Discover IT(2.4K), Chase Slate (1.5K) Citi Diamond Preferred ($800), BestBuy Mastercard ($1500),Bill-Me-Later(1.2K), ,Barclay Mastercard(2K). TigerDirect TigerPay(3.15K), Wal-mart credit card(3.9K), Amazon store card (2K)

equifax - 720, TU - 747, Exp - 734 - report date 11/24/2014
15+ inqs...
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.