Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate - So mad at myself!!!

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Chase Slate - So mad at myself!!!

It's been 17 days and I still want to slap myself silly. Impulsiveness is not good. Just because I got 3 green checkmarks for Chase "pre-selected offers," I took the plunge and hit submit for the Slate -- instantly approved for $2K. Was annoyed so called for a higher limit. Yep, CSR informed me another HP would occur. I said ok and only got a $500 bump. Waaaaaaaaaa. If I had taken a few minutes and done diligent research, I would have applied for the Freedom to get the $150 bonus for $500 spend. I have nothing to BT, so the Slate is really useless to me, except for padding. I can't even PC it for 1 year.

So this impulsive applying for a card I really don't want cost me 3 HPs and a 10-point score drop!!! I definite will stay in the garden this time and only do SP CLIs.

But, it was a lesson-learned. DON'T APPLY FOR CARDS JUST TO BE APPLYING!!! So yeah, even after ranting here, I still want to slap myself. Hard! Just SMH in disbelief.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate - So mad at myself!!!

@CreditInspired wrote:
It's been 17 days and I still want to slap myself silly. Impulsiveness is not good. Just because I got 3 green checkmarks for Chase "pre-selected offers," I took the plunge and hit submit for the Slate -- instantly approved for $2K. Was annoyed so called for a higher limit. Yep, CSR informed me another HP would occur. I said ok and only got a $500 bump. Waaaaaaaaaa. If I had taken a few minutes and done diligent research, I would have applied for the Freedom to get the $150 bonus for $500 spend. I have nothing to BT, so the Slate is really useless to me, except for padding. I can't even PC it for 1 year.

So this impulsive applying for a card I really don't want cost me 3 HPs and a 10-point score drop!!! I definite will stay in the garden this time and only do SP CLIs.

But, it was a lesson-learned. DON'T APPLY FOR CARDS JUST TO BE APPLYING!!! So yeah, even after ranting here, I still want to slap myself. Hard! Just SMH in disbelief.

Not syaing that you do this, but I have learned to put my computer away after a couple of cocktails....I in the past have made some really impulsive decisions too...Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 23
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

Not syaing that you do this, but I have learned to put my computer away after a couple of cocktails....I in the past have made some really impulsive decisions too...Smiley Wink

+1  I come home pretty sore and beat up every day. I mix up something nice and have 1. When I have 2, I remind myself not to use the keyboard, lol. browse only.

Yes OP... You bit the bait, but it is $2500 of limit that can be combined with your other Chase card at a later date (can't cry over spilled milk). Many would have loved a nice CSR with that pull... min 10k limit, 50,000 UR's at a 1.5 multiplier, 2ea $300 credit's or GC's, at a measly $450 before PC to CSP next year.

Garden Time!  :]   Congrats on the card though.

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't really understand at all why anyone would apply for a Slate without anything to BT....
Message 4 of 23
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

Okay, this made me laugh out loud. I wish I had been drinking. At least, I would have something to blame it on LOL.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 23
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't really understand at all why anyone would apply for a Slate without anything to BT....

Of course after I applied for this card, I saw a post of your's about the worthlessness of Slate. Okay, worthlessness is my word, not your's.Smiley LOL

Like I said, just shaking my head in disbelief.,

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not syaing that you do this, but I have learned to put my computer away after a couple of cocktails...

Probably the most solid advice I have heard on these boards. Maybe OP was using a desktop so it wasn't that easy. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 23
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not syaing that you do this, but I have learned to put my computer away after a couple of cocktails...

Probably the most solid advice I have heard on these boards. Maybe OP was using a desktop so it wasn't that easy. Smiley Happy

Or...probably better advice...

Once your credit is halfway decent, first decide what you want, and only then consider what any relevant prequal site says.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 23
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks elim.  And believe it or not, I was at work when I applied. That's what I get for surfing the web and looking at my accounts instead of doing what I get paid to do. Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Happens to the best of us, apping for something we really didnt need and using up hp we could have used elsewhere. We live we learn, you Chase ? Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.