cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate - So mad at myself!!!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Chase Slate - So mad at myself!!!

It's been 17 days and I still want to slap myself silly. Impulsiveness is not good. Just because I got 3 green checkmarks for Chase "pre-selected offers," I took the plunge and hit submit for the Slate -- instantly approved for $2K. Was annoyed so called for a higher limit. Yep, CSR informed me another HP would occur. I said ok and only got a $500 bump. Waaaaaaaaaa. If I had taken a few minutes and done diligent research, I would have applied for the Freedom to get the $150 bonus for $500 spend. I have nothing to BT, so the Slate is really useless to me, except for padding. I can't even PC it for 1 year.

So this impulsive applying for a card I really don't want cost me 3 HPs and a 10-point score drop!!! I definite will stay in the garden this time and only do SP CLIs.

But, it was a lesson-learned. DON'T APPLY FOR CARDS JUST TO BE APPLYING!!! So yeah, even after ranting here, I still want to slap myself. Hard! Just SMH in disbelief.


DEC 2019: EX 816, TU 820, EQ 810
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799
DEC 2017: EX 775, TU 778, EQ 769

|| NFCU CashRewards $30K || AmX Cash Magnet $30K || Discover IT $22.2K || Macy's $20K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Slate - So mad at myself!!!


@CreditInspired wrote:
It's been 17 days and I still want to slap myself silly. Impulsiveness is not good. Just because I got 3 green checkmarks for Chase "pre-selected offers," I took the plunge and hit submit for the Slate -- instantly approved for $2K. Was annoyed so called for a higher limit. Yep, CSR informed me another HP would occur. I said ok and only got a $500 bump. Waaaaaaaaaa. If I had taken a few minutes and done diligent research, I would have applied for the Freedom to get the $150 bonus for $500 spend. I have nothing to BT, so the Slate is really useless to me, except for padding. I can't even PC it for 1 year.

So this impulsive applying for a card I really don't want cost me 3 HPs and a 10-point score drop!!! I definite will stay in the garden this time and only do SP CLIs.

But, it was a lesson-learned. DON'T APPLY FOR CARDS JUST TO BE APPLYING!!! So yeah, even after ranting here, I still want to slap myself. Hard! Just SMH in disbelief.

Not syaing that you do this, but I have learned to put my computer away after a couple of cocktails....I in the past have made some really impulsive decisions too...Smiley Wink

American Express Business Gold(NPSL 10k) Chase CSP (25k) Pier 1(23.5k) BofA CR Siggy (20.8k) BofA BBR (22.1k) Amex BCP(18k) Overstock (21.1K) Lowes (17K) NFCU CLOC (15K) NFCU VS Cash (15K) Care Credit (15k) J Crew( 11.9k)Venture WMC (10.25k) Amex Everyday (10k) Chase Slate (10k) Walmart MC(10k) BB Visa (10k) Discover(9.5k☝️) PayPal Cashback Mastercard (8k) Chase FU (7.4k) Citi AAdvantage Gold World Elite (9.5K) Citi Double Cash (8.5k) Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card (6.5K) PenFed PCR (5K) PayPal Credit (4550)Discover (4.5k✌️) Kohls (3k) Chase Freedom (1500)

Mortgage May 2017 - 2 auto loans (1 PenFed and 1 Navy) Aug 2018=98K
Gardening until Aug 2020

FICO 8 Scores EX 693(7) EQ 687(9)TU 708(10)
AAOA 4yrs TCL=332,600
Message 2 of 23
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Slate - So mad at myself!!!


@doinit1 wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:
It's been 17 days and I still want to slap myself silly. Impulsiveness is not good. Just because I got 3 green checkmarks for Chase "pre-selected offers," I took the plunge and hit submit for the Slate -- instantly approved for $2K. Was annoyed so called for a higher limit. Yep, CSR informed me another HP would occur. I said ok and only got a $500 bump. Waaaaaaaaaa. If I had taken a few minutes and done diligent research, I would have applied for the Freedom to get the $150 bonus for $500 spend. I have nothing to BT, so the Slate is really useless to me, except for padding. I can't even PC it for 1 year.

So this impulsive applying for a card I really don't want cost me 3 HPs and a 10-point score drop!!! I definite will stay in the garden this time and only do SP CLIs.

But, it was a lesson-learned. DON'T APPLY FOR CARDS JUST TO BE APPLYING!!! So yeah, even after ranting here, I still want to slap myself. Hard! Just SMH in disbelief.

Not syaing that you do this, but I have learned to put my computer away after a couple of cocktails....I in the past have made some really impulsive decisions too...Smiley Wink


  +1  I come home pretty sore and beat up every day. I mix up something nice and have 1. When I have 2, I remind myself not to use the keyboard, lol. browse only.

 

  Yes OP... You bit the bait, but it is $2500 of limit that can be combined with your other Chase card at a later date (can't cry over spilled milk). Many would have loved a nice CSR with that pull... min 10k limit, 50,000 UR's at a 1.5 multiplier, 2ea $300 credit's or GC's, at a measly $450 before PC to CSP next year.

 

Garden Time!  :]   Congrats on the card though.


Message 3 of 23
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Slate - So mad at myself!!!

I don't really understand at all why anyone would apply for a Slate without anything to BT....
Message 4 of 23
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Slate - So mad at myself!!!


@doinit1 wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:
It's been 17 days and I still want to slap myself silly. Impulsiveness is not good. Just because I got 3 green checkmarks for Chase "pre-selected offers," I took the plunge and hit submit for the Slate -- instantly approved for $2K. Was annoyed so called for a higher limit. Yep, CSR informed me another HP would occur. I said ok and only got a $500 bump. Waaaaaaaaaa. If I had taken a few minutes and done diligent research, I would have applied for the Freedom to get the $150 bonus for $500 spend. I have nothing to BT, so the Slate is really useless to me, except for padding. I can't even PC it for 1 year.

So this impulsive applying for a card I really don't want cost me 3 HPs and a 10-point score drop!!! I definite will stay in the garden this time and only do SP CLIs.

But, it was a lesson-learned. DON'T APPLY FOR CARDS JUST TO BE APPLYING!!! So yeah, even after ranting here, I still want to slap myself. Hard! Just SMH in disbelief.

Not syaing that you do this, but I have learned to put my computer away after a couple of cocktails....I in the past have made some really impulsive decisions too...Smiley Wink


Okay, this made me laugh out loud. I wish I had been drinking. At least, I would have something to blame it on LOL.



DEC 2019: EX 816, TU 820, EQ 810
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799
DEC 2017: EX 775, TU 778, EQ 769

|| NFCU CashRewards $30K || AmX Cash Magnet $30K || Discover IT $22.2K || Macy's $20K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 5 of 23
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Slate - So mad at myself!!!


@Matt4200 wrote:
I don't really understand at all why anyone would apply for a Slate without anything to BT....

Of course after I applied for this card, I saw a post of your's about the worthlessness of Slate. Okay, worthlessness is my word, not your's.Smiley LOL

 

Like I said, just shaking my head in disbelief.,



DEC 2019: EX 816, TU 820, EQ 810
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799
DEC 2017: EX 775, TU 778, EQ 769

|| NFCU CashRewards $30K || AmX Cash Magnet $30K || Discover IT $22.2K || Macy's $20K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 6 of 23
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Slate - So mad at myself!!!


@doinit1 wrote:

Not syaing that you do this, but I have learned to put my computer away after a couple of cocktails...

 

Probably the most solid advice I have heard on these boards. Maybe OP was using a desktop so it wasn't that easy. Smiley Happy


Message 7 of 23
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Slate - So mad at myself!!!


@AN0NYM0US wrote:

@doinit1 wrote:

Not syaing that you do this, but I have learned to put my computer away after a couple of cocktails...

 

Probably the most solid advice I have heard on these boards. Maybe OP was using a desktop so it wasn't that easy. Smiley Happy


Or...probably better advice...

 

Once your credit is halfway decent, first decide what you want, and only then consider what any relevant prequal site says.

Spend: BofA Premium, BBP, Schwab Platinum, Freedom x 2, Costco, Discover
Perks: IHG49, Hyatt75, Delta Platinum
SD/AAoA Ballast: Arrival, CFU, DC, ED, QS
Retention games: BCP, Marriott Brilliant
Mostly earning MRs and cash back as I use up hotel and airline points spread across several programs.
Message 8 of 23
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Slate - So mad at myself!!!

Thanks elim.  And believe it or not, I was at work when I applied. That's what I get for surfing the web and looking at my accounts instead of doing what I get paid to do. Smiley Very Happy



DEC 2019: EX 816, TU 820, EQ 810
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799
DEC 2017: EX 775, TU 778, EQ 769

|| NFCU CashRewards $30K || AmX Cash Magnet $30K || Discover IT $22.2K || Macy's $20K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 9 of 23
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Slate - So mad at myself!!!

Happens to the best of us, apping for something we really didnt need and using up hp we could have used elsewhere. We live we learn, you Chase ? Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.