Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate To Be Discontinued

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate To Be Discontinued

DW app'd for Slate and was declined. When she called in for recon, she was told that Slate is being discontinued and current Slate cardholders are being grandfathered into the Freedom. And since she already has a Freedom... Meh, whatever.
Message 1 of 83
82 REPLIES 82
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Slate To Be Discontinued

Hmmm.  That's interesting.  I've got a Slate and a Freedom Unlimited.  DW has Slate, Freedom, and CSP.

Honestly, after the initial BT offer, it isn't that great of a card anyway.  

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 83
Remedios
Credit Mentor

That's  weird because it's still on their website. 

Message 3 of 83
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If DW got a HP from a card that is no longer open to applications I'd be less than happy. Did she talk to them about removing it from her credit report if that's the case? Because if it's still appearing on their website then someone is slipping over there

Message 4 of 83
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

If DW got a HP from a card that is no longer open to applications I'd be less than happy. Did she talk to them about removing it from her credit report if that's the case? Because if it's still appearing on their website then someone is slipping over there

It is. I checked from my account, then in incognito, still there

Someone may be slipping or it may be yet another case of Chase frontline  CSR just spewing whatever to get you off the phone 

Message 5 of 83
calyx
Super Contributor

That is so weird.  
I have a Freedom, and I get the green check mark for the Slate when I log into Chase.  You'd think they'd take that away.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 6 of 83
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

It is. I checked from my account, then in incognito, still there

Someone may be slipping or it may be yet another case of Chase frontline  CSR just spewing whatever to get you off the phone 

I think this might be a case where there's no agreement on what the bleep is going on

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-automatically-upgrading-some-chase-slate-cardholders-to-chase-f... (not being discontinued, silly)

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-automatically-upgrading-some-chase-slate-cardholders-to-chase-f... (lol nah it's being discontinued)

Message 7 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's BS if you receive a HP for an application on a product that you aren't supposed to be able to apply for.  Definitely a Chase screwup somewhere.

Message 8 of 83
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's BS if you receive a HP for an application on a product that you aren't supposed to be able to apply for.  Definitely a Chase screwup somewhere.

The Chase legal team can point out that the applicant was seeking additional credit, and the HP records that seeking!

Message 9 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The Chase legal team can point out that the applicant was seeking additional credit, and the HP records that seeking!

That argument wouldn’t hold up. Without a product attached to the inquiry, Chase didn’t have a permissible purpose for obtaining the credit report. 

Message 10 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.