tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Slate To Be Discontinued

@bourgogne wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm back. Thanks to everyone for their opinions and keeping it FSR Smiley Wink +100 @Remedios' posts Smiley Happy To DW and I, CC's are tools. All are suited to different specific tasks/situations/purposes, and inq's are the price we pay for those tools. However, this is like buying organic black Angus grassfed NY strip steak @ $3/lb and then realizing it's spoiled AND it's bone-in chicken + you lost your receipt :/ @Finstar will post once letter received

a few things;  ot / organic black Angus grassfed NY strip steak @ $3/lb - if you are talking prime there is no way, this is a pipe-dream of an example lol

Try (800) 493-3319 and see if that will give you a better result.  call m-f

When someone makes a typo and gets corrected with another typo Smiley LOL

Thank you for the laugh, I really needed it today 

I am going to germany and I have been practicing drinking german beer all night, where is my typo lol?

my god, you have eagle eyes!

Message 51 of 83
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@bourgogne wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm back. Thanks to everyone for their opinions and keeping it FSR Smiley Wink +100 @Remedios' posts Smiley Happy To DW and I, CC's are tools. All are suited to different specific tasks/situations/purposes, and inq's are the price we pay for those tools. However, this is like buying organic black Angus grassfed NY strip steak @ $3/lb and then realizing it's spoiled AND it's bone-in chicken + you lost your receipt :/ @Finstar will post once letter received

a few things;  ot / organic black Angus grassfed NY strip steak @ $3/lb - if you are talking prime there is no way, this is a pipe-dream of an example lol

I am going to germany and I have been practicing drinking german beer all night, where is my typo lol?

I quoted you before the edit, yo! Look above for best "rusult"

I am jealous of your trip because of the beer ☹

Considering the day I had yesterday beer would be ❤🍻❤

Message 52 of 83
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@bourgogne wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

my god, you have eagle eyes!

No, I'm just petty like that 😐😂

Message 53 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not prime lol but TBH, Chase UR's did pay for the bottle in use @ the time so I'll blame it on Chase Smiley Happy
Message 54 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

On a side note, ranked up! Smiley Happy Received AA letter from DW's original app today and it's... Weird. Reasons listed are 1. Length of time since oldest CC was opened is too short. 2. Total available credit on CC's is too low 3. Length of time since newest account was opened is too short. Key factors that affected your score: ditto 1 2 3 + growth in credit balances. TU card acquisition risk V2 score 745 EX 733 @ Bourgogne: pipe dream? Perhaps, but both situations have a constant; "something is rotten in the bank called Chase"
Message 55 of 83
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
On a side note, ranked up! Smiley Happy Received AA letter from DW's original app today and it's... Weird. Reasons listed are 1. Length of time since oldest CC was opened is too short. 2. Total available credit on CC's is too low 3. Length of time since newest account was opened is too short. Key factors that affected your score: ditto 1 2 3 + growth in credit balances. TU card acquisition risk V2 score 745 EX 733

there you have it, it had nothing to do with the slate.  case closed

EDIT or in simple terms, that old chase server is not going to let your other half have another card right now

Message 56 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

TBH, they're not going to give you the BS response that any of the CSR's gave you. They had to reword it so that it falls under a valid reason.

If the letter had said OP applied for an invalid product, how would that look?  Or if OP is already a cardholder of existing card, and is unable to have wield dual accounts. 

In the end you might have been able to ask them nicely to remove the  since no product was issued, which may have ultimately been like pulling teeth and never get results. Could have also asked them to use the same HP for a differnt card with a decent BT offer. Though it sounds like OP already has all the cards Chase has to offer.

Definitely a sour apple, but not surprising given some of Chase's stringent rules. 

After all, it's not like a HP comes with a long lasting sting. Not enough to get totally outraged over. IDK how many existing HP currently haev, but there are other BT cards available.

Message 57 of 83
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
On a side note, ranked up! Smiley Happy Received AA letter from DW's original app today and it's... Weird. Reasons listed are 1. Length of time since oldest CC was opened is too short. 2. Total available credit on CC's is too low 3. Length of time since newest account was opened is too short. Key factors that affected your score: ditto 1 2 3 + growth in credit balances. TU card acquisition risk V2 score 745 EX 733 @ Bourgogne: pipe dream? Perhaps, but both situations have a constant; "something is rotten in the bank called Chase"

Thanks for providing an update and DPs on this @Anonymous.

As I mentioned upthread, the product is still available, but I'm sure not for very long.  So, it appears DW was given incorrect information on the reason for being declined, unfortunately - so they messed up on that piece.  And, while there may be plans to phase out Slate at some point, the reasons seems to correlate more on DW's credit profile vs. the card being discontinued. 

Message 58 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, there are many other CC's, but what I and DW find weird is that Chase approved the last card with lower scores, higher balances, and higher utilization. The underwriting must be a little stricter. FWIW, DW is @ 3/24
@ Janus DW did ask to reuse HP but was told each app must have a HP attached
Message 59 of 83
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Right, there are many other CC's, but what I and DW find weird is that Chase approved the last card with lower scores, higher balances, and higher utilization. The underwriting must be a little stricter. FWIW, DW is @ 3/24

the uw is what it is.  its automated, nobody is typing up letters.  you can take what chase said to the bank, so to speak.  like most things in life you will never find out the truth. 

Message 60 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.