Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate To Be Discontinued

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Slate To Be Discontinued

@Anonymous wrote:
Right, there are many other CC's, but what I and DW find weird is that Chase approved the last card with lower scores, higher balances, and higher utilization. The underwriting must be a little stricter. FWIW, DW is @ 3/24

How long ago though?

Message 61 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Middle of March I'd have to check for exact date
Message 62 of 83
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Middle of March I'd have to check for exact date

An item to keep in mind, when it comes to CC porfolio/product segments, lenders are continually adjusting their risk and profitability models.  So, from a UW perspective, what may have been (or appeared to be) a more 'laxed' criteria several months ago, may not be the case these days.   Plus, the interesting part is that any of the AI algorithms being used are pretty adaptive.

Message 63 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps profitability played a part... Chase has yet to profit from DW and I. 3 swipes, 5k balance, now 2k. Using 0% intro and paying 12- 15x min pmnt
Message 64 of 83
8Hunnid
New Contributor

My wife just received an offer for the Slate card today. She's had her CFU for almost a year and kept a balance on it for the 0% intro apr. We made a big payment last week. The offer is good until Aug 26. Hopefully some useful DPs
Trans 750 EX 750 EQ 750
CO Quicksilver 1,500
FNBO Speedway 18,000
Amex BCP 20,000
Barclay View 13,500
Sync Lowes 16,000
Chase FU (P2) 6,600
Chase F 12,000
Discover (P2) 18,000
US Bank Cash+ 12,000
General Electric CU 15,000
X1 27,000
Chase CSP 16,600
Hilton Honors 15,000
Utilization 10%
Negative - 30 day 6 years ago
Message 65 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate

Happy Thursday, all! I came home to a mailer from Chase telling me basically to apply for the Slate and the interest rate would be 17% or so. My question is, I thought they were discontinuing the Slate? I’m a little surprised since my actual Chase app has me already fully approved for the CSP, just not pulling that trigger because I don’t like AF lol.
Message 66 of 83
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Slate

@Anonymous wrote:
Happy Thursday, all! I came home to a mailer from Chase telling me basically to apply for the Slate and the interest rate would be 17% or so. My question is, I thought they were discontinuing the Slate? I’m a little surprised since my actual Chase app has me already fully approved for the CSP, just not pulling that trigger because I don’t like AF lol.

It appears Chase may eventually phase it out at some point (TBD), but the product is still available to apply.

Message 67 of 83
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Slate

I just got an offer for Chase Slate in the mail today... I don't think it's quite dead yet LOL.

Message 68 of 83
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

I just got a slate offer in the mail, I’m curious when it’s supposed to hit the chopping block
FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 69 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a preapproval in the mail as well. I was pretty surprised because I understood Slate to be Chase’s entry level product and I’m in deep with Chase already.

CSR- $35k
CFU- $24.1k
WoH- $20k
Prime- $11.5k

Seems surprising they’d include me in a Slate push, but who knows. I trashed it. No interest.
Message 70 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.