cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate To Be Discontinued

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Slate To Be Discontinued


@Remedios wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

@Xatos wrote:
She Explicitly asked, 3 times, if there was an inquiry done. CSR EXPLICITLY told her that there was NOT. *Checks EX CR and alerts* 1 new inq JPMChase bank WTH?

So there we have it, confirmation of a HP taken by Chase for a product that the applicant had zero chance of obtaining.  I call BS on that.


bs or not that hp is going to stay imo, its nearly impossible to get them removed and they do have a permissible purpose outside the app as she already has a chase card.  mistakes happen


Yeah mistakes happen, but this mistake is not on OP. 

 

By that logic, if you walked into a furniture store and they tried to sell you a bed, you end up buying it, then they tell you " Though luck, that's floor model, cant be sold. We're keeping your money, though" you'd just walk away because ...? 

 

There is no permissible purpose if product is not available. 

 

With that said, if the AA letter states anything else, it will be very hard to remove.


the op's wife has a chase card.  the lender has a permissible based on that to pull credit anytime no matter the reason. 

Message 21 of 83
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Slate To Be Discontinued

What an absolutely poor display of good business practices by Chase! I know there are a lot of Chase fans here, but I haven’t had anything good to say about them for many years and they continue to present ammo to further this opinion. They are a very arrogant institution with little regard for their customers.
Personal Credit -
AMEX: Platinum, Gold, Blue Cash Preferred, Schwab Investor
PNC: Cash Rewards, Points
NFCU: Flaghship Rewards, Cash Rewards, More Rewards, CLOC
PSECU: Founders
BB&T: Spectrum Cash Rewards
CapOne: Quicksilver
Discover: IT Chrome, IT
Synchrony: PayPal 2%, PayPal Credit
Barclays: Uber
PenFed: Power Cash Rewards
Alliant: Visa Signature
Store Cards: Target, Macy’s
AU Cards: Citi Rewards+

Business Credit-
AMEX: Delta Gold, Amazon Prime, Simply Cash Plus
PNC: Visa Business
Message 22 of 83
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Chase Slate To Be Discontinued


@bourgogne wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

@Xatos wrote:
She Explicitly asked, 3 times, if there was an inquiry done. CSR EXPLICITLY told her that there was NOT. *Checks EX CR and alerts* 1 new inq JPMChase bank WTH?

So there we have it, confirmation of a HP taken by Chase for a product that the applicant had zero chance of obtaining.  I call BS on that.


bs or not that hp is going to stay imo, its nearly impossible to get them removed and they do have a permissible purpose outside the app as she already has a chase card.  mistakes happen


Yeah mistakes happen, but this mistake is not on OP. 

 

By that logic, if you walked into a furniture store and they tried to sell you a bed, you end up buying it, then they tell you " Though luck, that's floor model, cant be sold. We're keeping your money, though" you'd just walk away because ...? 

 

There is no permissible purpose if product is not available. 

 

With that said, if the AA letter states anything else, it will be very hard to remove.


the op's wife has a chase card.  the lender has a permissible based on that to pull credit anytime no matter the reason. 


 

 

 

The pull is not associated with the existing card. If she asked for CLI, that would fit under permissible purpose. 

Selling a bridge  does not fit under permissible purpose. 

 

 

 

A. Users Must Have a Permissible Purpose

Congress has limited the use of consumer reports to protect consumers' privacy. All users must have a permissible purpose under the FCRA to obtain a consumer report. Section 604 contains a list of the permissible purposes under the law. These are:

  • As ordered by a court or a federal grand jury subpoena. Section 604(a)(1)
  • As instructed by the consumer in writing. Section 604(a)(2)
  • For the extension of credit as a result of an application from a consumer, or the review or collection of a consumer's account. Section 604(a)(3)(A)
  • For employment purposes, including hiring and promotion decisions, where the consumer has given written permission. Sections 604(a)(3)(B) and 604(b)
  • For the underwriting of insurance as a result of an application from a consumer. Section 604(a)(3)(C)
  • When there is a legitimate business need, in connection with a business transaction that is initiated by the consumer. Section 604(a)(3)(F)(i)
  • To review a consumer's account to determine whether the consumer continues to meet the terms of the account. Section 604(a)(3)(F)(ii)
  • To determine a consumer's eligibility for a license or other benefit granted by a governmental instrumentality required by law to consider an applicant's financial responsibility or status. Section 604(a)(3)(D)
  • For use by a potential investor or servicer, or current insurer, in a valuation or assessment of the credit or prepayment risks associated with an existing credit obligation. Section 604(a)(3)(E)
  • For use by state and local officials in connection with the determination of child support payments, or modifications and enforcement thereof. Sections 604(a)(4) and 604(a)(5)

In addition, creditors and insurers may obtain certain consumer report information for the purpose of making "prescreened" unsolicited offers of credit or insurance. Section 604(c). The particular obligations of users of "prescreened" information are described in Section VII below.

 

 

 

 

How is credit going to get extended if there is no product?

@bourgogne  if this was any lender other than Chase, you'd be in total agreement. 

Message 23 of 83
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Slate To Be Discontinued

Strange. It’s not a huge loss, though, seeing as Slate is more of a BT card than anything else. 

Discover It: 19.7k
Amex ED: 18k
Citi DC: 7.7k
Best Buy Visa: 3k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 24 of 83
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Slate To Be Discontinued


How is credit going to get extended if there is no product?

@bourgogne  if this was any lender other than Chase, you'd be in total agreement. 


hey, are you calling me out?!  lol

 

here is the deal.  lets say legally you are correct, there is no permissible purpose.  this is all academic; unless the op, his wife or a friend is a lawyer with time on there hands, nobody is going to take on chase for a $1k fcra violation.  there is no punitive damage.  as humans we make mistakes all the time.  big companies are filled with humans, they are no different.  we are talking about a 3-5pt mistake that will self-correct in a year.  just thinking big picture here

Message 25 of 83
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Slate To Be Discontinued


@bourgogne wrote:

How is credit going to get extended if there is no product?

@bourgogne  if this was any lender other than Chase, you'd be in total agreement. 


hey, are you calling me out?!  lol

 

here is the deal.  lets say legally you are correct, there is no permissible purpose.  this is all academic; unless the op, his wife or a friend is a lawyer with time on there hands, nobody is going to take on chase for a $1k fcra violation.  there is no punitive damage.  as humans we make mistakes all the time.  big companies are filled with humans, they are no different.  we are talking about a 3-5pt mistake that will self-correct in a year.  just thinking big picture here


The big picture is this is shady as can be. It also supports my Chase arrogance claim....”we are Chase. We will do whatever we want to. Nobody will challenge us.”

Personal Credit -
AMEX: Platinum, Gold, Blue Cash Preferred, Schwab Investor
PNC: Cash Rewards, Points
NFCU: Flaghship Rewards, Cash Rewards, More Rewards, CLOC
PSECU: Founders
BB&T: Spectrum Cash Rewards
CapOne: Quicksilver
Discover: IT Chrome, IT
Synchrony: PayPal 2%, PayPal Credit
Barclays: Uber
PenFed: Power Cash Rewards
Alliant: Visa Signature
Store Cards: Target, Macy’s
AU Cards: Citi Rewards+

Business Credit-
AMEX: Delta Gold, Amazon Prime, Simply Cash Plus
PNC: Visa Business
Message 26 of 83
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Slate To Be Discontinued


@CreditSweeper wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

How is credit going to get extended if there is no product?

@bourgogne  if this was any lender other than Chase, you'd be in total agreement. 


hey, are you calling me out?!  lol

 

here is the deal.  lets say legally you are correct, there is no permissible purpose.  this is all academic; unless the op, his wife or a friend is a lawyer with time on there hands, nobody is going to take on chase for a $1k fcra violation.  there is no punitive damage.  as humans we make mistakes all the time.  big companies are filled with humans, they are no different.  we are talking about a 3-5pt mistake that will self-correct in a year.  just thinking big picture here


The big picture is this is shady as can be. It also supports my Chase arrogance claim....”we are Chase. We will do whatever we want to. Nobody will challenge us.”


shady?  really?  its a mistake.  just because you don't like or agree with something does not make it so nor does it make it intentional

Message 27 of 83
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Slate To Be Discontinued


@bourgogne wrote:

@CreditSweeper wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

How is credit going to get extended if there is no product?

@bourgogne  if this was any lender other than Chase, you'd be in total agreement. 


hey, are you calling me out?!  lol

 

here is the deal.  lets say legally you are correct, there is no permissible purpose.  this is all academic; unless the op, his wife or a friend is a lawyer with time on there hands, nobody is going to take on chase for a $1k fcra violation.  there is no punitive damage.  as humans we make mistakes all the time.  big companies are filled with humans, they are no different.  we are talking about a 3-5pt mistake that will self-correct in a year.  just thinking big picture here


The big picture is this is shady as can be. It also supports my Chase arrogance claim....”we are Chase. We will do whatever we want to. Nobody will challenge us.”


shady?  really?  its a mistake.  just because you don't like or agree with something does not make it so nor does it make it intentional


You’re saying that having a card, on their website, that you can apply for that, according to them, is being discontinued and will not result in any approvals but still an HP is a mistake? Come on, that’s a rookie mistake, not a mistake for a major lending/banking institution. You’re reaching far and hard to defend them. 

Personal Credit -
AMEX: Platinum, Gold, Blue Cash Preferred, Schwab Investor
PNC: Cash Rewards, Points
NFCU: Flaghship Rewards, Cash Rewards, More Rewards, CLOC
PSECU: Founders
BB&T: Spectrum Cash Rewards
CapOne: Quicksilver
Discover: IT Chrome, IT
Synchrony: PayPal 2%, PayPal Credit
Barclays: Uber
PenFed: Power Cash Rewards
Alliant: Visa Signature
Store Cards: Target, Macy’s
AU Cards: Citi Rewards+

Business Credit-
AMEX: Delta Gold, Amazon Prime, Simply Cash Plus
PNC: Visa Business
Message 28 of 83
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Slate To Be Discontinued


@bourgogne wrote:

@CreditSweeper wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

How is credit going to get extended if there is no product?

@bourgogne  if this was any lender other than Chase, you'd be in total agreement. 


hey, are you calling me out?!  lol

 

here is the deal.  lets say legally you are correct, there is no permissible purpose.  this is all academic; unless the op, his wife or a friend is a lawyer with time on there hands, nobody is going to take on chase for a $1k fcra violation.  there is no punitive damage.  as humans we make mistakes all the time.  big companies are filled with humans, they are no different.  we are talking about a 3-5pt mistake that will self-correct in a year.  just thinking big picture here


The big picture is this is shady as can be. It also supports my Chase arrogance claim....”we are Chase. We will do whatever we want to. Nobody will challenge us.”


shady?  really?  its a mistake.  just because you don't like or agree with something does not make it so nor does it make it intentional


If the customer is expected to take responsibility for their mistakes, the lender must do so too. It is absolutely shady as all get out if Chase refuses to recode or remove their HP if the AA letter indeed says the product is no longer available. It’s not even up for debate. The permissible purpose does not exist if the product does not exist and therefore Chase made a mistake and its on Chase to fix that mistake. 




Message 29 of 83
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Slate To Be Discontinued



You’re saying that having a card, on their website, that you can apply for that, according to them, is being discontinued and will not result in any approvals is a mistake? Come on, that’s a rookie mistake, not a mistake for a major lending/banking institution. You’re reaching far and hard to defend them. 


you lost me.  are you saying just because they are a big lender/company mistakes should not happen?  not defending them but you are aimed for disappointment in life if your expectations are aligned like this.  .02

Message 30 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.