cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate and Freedom cards closed until I can verify my identity at a Chase branch

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate and Freedom cards closed until I can verify my identity at a Chase branch

My Slate and Freedom cards are closed until I can go to chase branch and present them with 2 forms of ID. The problem is that I'm out of the country right now and won't be home for weeks. I have called chase multiple times asking if there was another possible solution, and they said no. These accounts are new, which I forgot to mention. Is there anything I can do ? Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate and Freedom cards closed until I can verify my identity at a Chase branch

I remember hearing about something like this happening to another member here, although it was a different bank. They wanted him to go into a branch to verify ID but he was in the military and stationed out of the country. I believe he ended up having to call the EO and explain his situation, and they were finally able to resolve it. Regular CSR won't be able to help you, you are going to need to speak with someone higher up and see if there is anything else that you can do. Good luck.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate and Freedom cards closed until I can verify my identity at a Chase branch

What does EO stand for? 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What does EO stand for? 

Executive Office

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What does EO stand for? 

Executive Office

Ah. Thanks for answering that. Is there a page on here that lists the number where I can contact them?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there a page on here that lists the number where I can contact them?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

I found this number from the link above -  Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Ofc. in IL)

Message 6 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

I found this number from the link above

Which itself is in the Helpful Threads sticky.  Don't overlook the stickies.

Message 7 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I remember hearing about something like this happening to another member here, although it was a different bank. They wanted him to go into a branch to verify ID but he was in the military and stationed out of the country. I believe he ended up having to call the EO and explain his situation, and they were finally able to resolve it. Regular CSR won't be able to help you, you are going to need to speak with someone higher up and see if there is anything else that you can do. Good luck.

+1

The case you are thinking of might be the same case I'm thinking of... it was Wells Fargo, and there was some kind of fraud alert on the guy's account but he was in the Middle East having to call them from a military base.  They continually insisted that he show up in-person to gain access to his card/accounts, which was of course impossible and of course they couldn't figure out what to do.

He did end up with Well's EO, but he had to go through social media to reach them... the people at the 'normal' numbers ignored him (due to the fraud flag) and referred him back to the security folks (who he started off with).  In his case, they had detected someone trying to impersonate him to access his accounts, which is why they were initially insistent on his appearance (which he agreed was understandable, but simply not possible).  He indicated that once he reached the right folks they were eventually able to help him, and everything was fine. 

If you can't get anywhere with the numbers in the sticky thread, go to Facebook or Twitter and reach out to them there... most likely you'll get a response - the only thing the banks are more adverse to than fraud is bad PR.  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

UncleB that is exactly the case I was referring to!

Message 9 of 11
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Slate and Freedom cards are closed until I can go to chase branch and present them with 2 forms of ID. The problem is that I'm out of the country right now and won't be home for weeks. I have called chase multiple times asking if there was another possible solution, and they said no. These accounts are new, which I forgot to mention. Is there anything I can do ? Thanks in advance 

Did you apply while in the US? Did you have the cards sent to a US address? Activate the cards while in the US? How soon did you head overseas after getting the cards in hand?

Is there anyone such as your parents stateside who can take copies of your ID into a local branch? Not sure that would help, but at least it puts the conversation into a person-to-person talk rather than cyberspace / cyberfraud environment.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.