cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate credit card 7-10 day response.

tag
Jerseybound
Established Member

Chase Slate credit card 7-10 day response.

Applied for Chase Slate credit card online and got the 7-10 day response, but was approved the following day, so I called and wanted to know why I got the message and the Customer service rep stated that no accounts come up on my  Equifax credit pull, so they softed my Transunion and Experian and approved me based off my credit scores of 758 and 780.  Initial credit line was for $10,000 so I am glad because it be my 3rd credit card along with Navy Federal of $16,000 and USAA of 8,000.  Utilization was around 2%, so they said in a few months the limit will most likely go up just to keep using for purchases and pay off like I have been with other cards.  Was very surprised with the customer service from Chase, so in all a good experience!

To the mall for Christmas shopping! 

Goal is FICO of 800+

Current scores Equifax - 745, Experian - 780, Transunion - 758

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Slate credit card 7-10 day response.

Wow! Congrats!

I personally hate calling Chase CS, but they are a good bank to deal with for the most part.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@andre181 wrote:

Wow! Congrats!

I personally hate calling Chase CS, but they are a good bank to deal with for the most part.

Always call the backdoor numbers.  It's like a whole new world!!!

Message 3 of 6
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

I had a credit profile very similar to the original poster's with very similar scores and very similar utilization also. I got denied when I applied for a Chase card. They told me that part of the reason for the denial was that my utilization was too low. They wanted to see higher balances. Smiley Surprised (the other part was that my AAoA was too short: 4 years)

Congrats on the Slate. I think I would prefer the Freedom for my personal spending habits. What do you like about the Slate that made you want to obtain one?

Message 4 of 6
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Always call the backdoor numbers.  It's like a whole new world!!!

Not for me when I called. They were stubbornly reading their scripts and repeating their pre-fabricated phrases. Talking to a robot couldn't have been more boring.

Message 5 of 6
Jerseybound
Established Member

Never really looked at the freedom just went off other peoples personal feedback with the ability to select how you wanted to pay for items........such as what you would normally pay off every month versus large purchase ability to apply more of the payment toward what I want.......seemed like nice addition to my navy federal flagship and my USAA American express.  All programs are different so each is earning something in different way.  Plus the CS rep from a week earlier said it was the most applied for card.......Personally I like the color!Smiley HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.