Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate sideways card

tag
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

Chase Slate sideways card

So, my oldest credit card account, my Chase Slate MasterCard just expired and they sent me a new card.  Just a brief history, this card started out as a Chase Platinum MasterCard back in 2007.  Then, once the Platinum was done away with, the Slate card replaced it and Chase had sent me a new card but it was the first Chase Slate card with the traditional raised numbers (looked like a normal credit card).

Now, that card expired recently and Chase has sent me a new card (the new sideways design) and I absolutely HATE IT!!!!  I called Chase to request to see if they can send me a traditional card with raised numbers and I was told that this cannot be done and that this is the design of the Chase Slate.  Am I being given the run around or is this true?  Has anyone else tried to change their card design?

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Slate sideways card

Well if you don't like the design, PC into Chase Freedom. Why would Chase holds onto old card design?

Message 2 of 7
logan_720
Established Contributor

Am I the only who is thinking, "it's just a credit card?"
Message 3 of 7
dude11
Regular Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

No. I think a lot of people here are just weird about cards and credit and what not.

Message 4 of 7
learnin113
Established Contributor

Yeah...I'm tryin to figure out what is the issue here.  u have 3 choices, PC, SD or use.

Message 5 of 7
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

Not just you....OP what's it doing or not doing for you? Personally, I like the added security of the flat cards. Edited to add: I'll be happy to take it off your hands. Smiley Very Happy

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 6 of 7
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

+1
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.