Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate stealth auto PC to CFU

tag
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Slate stealth auto PC to CFU

@SecretAzure wrote:

Out of curiosity, was the APR changed? I don't have one, I just like these kinds of DP's.

I don't see any way to check other than wait until the next statement cuts or call them.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 11 of 21
AdamC
Valued Member

You can click the three dots next to the card and go to account details to see the APR. But I agree, if there was any change it may not come until the next statement. As others have said though, I don't think chase is too keen on just reducing APRs to be nice.

Sapphire Preferred/Freedom/Freedom Unlimited, DoubleCash/ThankYou Preferred, Blue Cash Everyday, It, Quicksilver, Apple, Signature Connect, and a few store cards
Message 12 of 21
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@AdamC wrote:

You can click the three dots next to the card and go to account details to see the APR. But I agree, if there was any change it may not come until the next statement. As others have said though, I don't think chase is too keen on just reducing APRs to be nice.

Thanks, I see it. Mine still shows 14.99. The last time I called Chase about rate reductions (a few years ago), they said I already had the lowest rate available for the card.

Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Message 13 of 21
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@FlaDude wrote:

@AdamC wrote:

Thanks, I see it. Mine still shows 14.99. The last time I called Chase about rate reductions (a few years ago), they said I already had the lowest rate available for the card.

Glad you found it! Good news that it's currently the lowest. If you're ever unsure, Google can tell you the APR for most of the popular cards. I'm very happy to have the lowest APR possible with all of my cards. You're probably on the same boat!

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 14 of 21
AdamC
Valued Member

I sent Chase a secure message just to confirm the details and wanted to post the reply back:

on October 10, 2020, your Slate card account was
changed to Freedom Unlimited Rewards card. Also, a new
card for your Freedom Unlimited card account was ordered
on October 14, 2020 and you should receive it in three to
five business days at the address on file.

We appreciate your business and thank you for being a
Chase customer.
Sapphire Preferred/Freedom/Freedom Unlimited, DoubleCash/ThankYou Preferred, Blue Cash Everyday, It, Quicksilver, Apple, Signature Connect, and a few store cards
Message 15 of 21
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Still no new card for me yet, and no emails or other communication. Communication is an area Chase could really work on. I've had 2 auto CLIs over the years and they never notified me by mail, email, or online document. I only noticed by looking at my account details.

Message 16 of 21
AdamC
Valued Member

Just as an update - I still haven't received the replacement card yet. Sent Chase another secure message because as in the message above, they said I should get it in 3-5 business days. They replied that yes it will arrive in that time period, after it ships, but it hasn't yet shipped Smiley Frustrated

On Oct 28th I did finally receive an automated email from Chase saying that my car has been upgraded - that was the first notification I had received outside the secure message and avatar update. The email said my card would be arriving soon™

The wait continues. I've been using my Slate as a FU, but trust me I will be looking at my next statements closely.

Message 17 of 21
FlaDude
Established Contributor

I did end up getting my card a couple of days after my last post. I don't think I ever did get an email from them. 

Message 18 of 21
MitchDeerfield
Regular Contributor

If you had applied for the card independently you would have been approved for a $200 bonus after spending $500.

Would advise anyone who still has the Slate Card to apply for Freedom Unlimited and then close out your Slate card, which has apparently been discontinued.  To get approval you will get a hard pull on your credit report. 

Message 19 of 21
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@MitchDeerfield wrote:

If you had applied for the card independently you would have been approved for a $200 bonus after spending $500.

Would advise anyone who still has the Slate Card to apply for Freedom Unlimited and then close out your Slate card, which has apparently been discontinued.  To get approval you will be be given a hard pull on your credit report. 

Or just keep the Slate and app for the Freedom card. I'm not in a hurry to close a no AF account that is 26 years old, even for an SUB. And of course, you have to be under 5/24 to app for the new card.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.