Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate upgrade to Freedom Unlimited

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate upgrade to Freedom Unlimited

Got an interesting email just a few minutes ago informing me that my Slate (SD) with a toy limit is being upgraded to a Freedom Unlimited effective June 15.  I don't use the card because of the aforementioned toy limit, but the fact that this would give me in essence a 3rd UR earning card, interests me somewhat.  If they would only auto CLI that account when the upgrade happens....

Has anyone else gotten this email?

slate offer.JPG

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate upgrade to Freedom Unlimited

@Anonymous wrote:

Got an interesting email just a few minutes ago informing me that my Slate (SD) with a toy limit is being upgraded to a Freedom Unlimited effective June 15.  I don't use the card because of the aforementioned toy limit, but the fact that this would give me in essence a 3rd UR earning card, interests me somewhat.  If they would only auto CLI that account when the upgrade happens....

Has anyone else gotten this email?

slate offer.JPG

Wow, congrats on the upgrade!!

Message 2 of 13
afr4life06
Contributor

Wow. Congrats.

I was just thinking if only my Slate 1K card could turn into a Chase FU. Might have to reach out and see

Starting Score: 525 TU 515 EX 510 EQ Oct '13
Current Score: 644 TU(Oct 14) 678 EX(Oct 2014) 684 EQ (Oct'14)
Goal Score: 700 and a Home in 1yr

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got same email.

Not sure if that's an upgrade tbh. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've lurked here for years, but came here tonight specifically to see if others had received this email.  I've sat at my initial SL of $2K for years, and it's on the short list of cards I was planning on doing a BT on since I still have a balance on it.  The Slate was a useless card.  The FU is a better card, so it's an upgrade, but as far as bank cards, it's one of my lowest CL's.  I was going to contact a CSR to see if this "upgrade" came with a lower APR and higher CL.  My initial assumption was that they have been eyeing my accounts and seeing a lot of spend put through other accounts and not much put through them, so this is an attempt to get a piece of the action.  Sweetening the pot will be the only thing that would entice me to use the card and not BT it asap.  I'll update after I talk to someone.

Message 5 of 13
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've lurked here for years, but came here tonight specifically to see if others had received this email.  I've sat at my initial SL of $2K for years, and it's on the short list of cards I was planning on doing a BT on since I still have a balance on it.  The Slate was a useless card.  The FU is a better card, so it's an upgrade, but as far as bank cards, it's one of my lowest CL's.  I was going to contact a CSR to see if this "upgrade" came with a lower APR and higher CL.  My initial assumption was that they have been eyeing my accounts and seeing a lot of spend put through other accounts and not much put through them, so this is an attempt to get a piece of the action.  Sweetening the pot will be the only thing that would entice me to use the card and not BT it asap.  I'll update after I talk to someone.

The email states that it is a lower APR, is the one stated in the email not a definite number?

FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got the same email. Too bad we won't get any sign-up bonus.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the email states that APR will be lowered to 17.24%, which is the lowest APR for the CFU and lower than what I originally had on the Slate. As I PIF, that is less important to me. I will keep this card in SD if they do not increase the CL without HP. I am only interested in the UR points because I currently have the CSR and DW also has a CFU which we combine points. I got the Slate several years ago when scores were much lower and they gave me toy limit of only $ 500 and has never increased on that card despite later being approved for CSR and Marriott cards both north of $ 14k. Would consider putting some non-category spend on the new CFU to rack up some extra UR points, only if Chase would auto CLI

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

And yes an upgrade bonus would be icing on the cake!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

ibebarrett, no...my email didn't state any change in the APR.  I just got off the phone with them and they confirmed that there is no change in APR and my CL remains at $2K.  I explained that this was a card I was planning to BT due to the rate and CL, as always is the case with me and Chase, he was unphased.  

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.