Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate

tag
Manny121
Established Member

Chase Slate

Just a quick question ....I have recently went on an app spree in the past 2 weeks and have acquired 3 new cards to add to my list (chase freedom, delta amex, and discover it). Being that I am a personal banker at Chase ..I decided to have one of my coworkers go into my account and check to see if I have any preapprovals...and to my surprise I'm being preapproved for the Chase Slate card. Having recently got the Chase Freedom card, I feel kind of hesitant to submit another app ..especially after having applied to 3 cards in the past 2 weeks ...it sure seems tempting to apply to another card ..especially since I was stupid and didn't do a balance transfer from my existing Cap One Platinum card (high interest) into my chase freedom or discover it ....but anyway ...would it be a good idea to app for the Chase Slate card ..or should I wait a few months and see if I get preapproved for the CSP or even CS ....any thoughts ?

AMEX GREEN [NPSL] ::: DISCOVER IT [$7800] ::: CHASE SAPPHIRE [$5000] ::: CHASE FREEDOM [$5000] ::: BARCLAYCARD ARRIVAL WMC [$5000] ::: CAP 1 VENTUREONE [$3000] ::: AMEX DELTA GOLD [$2000] ::: CAP 1 QS1 [$1250] ::: BOA CASH REWARDS [$1000] ::: CAP 1 PLATINUM [$750] ::: MACY'S RED CARD [$500]
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Slate

The only thing about Slate cc would be my fear of a $500 CL. For some reason it seems like I see more of those, I mean isn't this a BT cc?
Message 2 of 8
Manny121
Established Member

@09Lexie wrote:
The only thing about Slate cc would be my fear of a $500 CL. For some reason it seems like I see more of those, I mean isn't this a BT cc?

Thats very true ..and thats one of the reason why I'm hesitant to apply as well ...even with my own customers I tend to see alot of them being approved for low CL's ... I definitely don't want to run the risk of getting a $500 CL or even $1000 CL ..especially when my freedom is 5K CL ....it just seemed tempting when my coworker told me i was preapproved ...but in reality I would love to have the CSP ....I have been using my freedom often, with intentions of PIF every month ....should that raise my chances of a CSP preapproval ?

AMEX GREEN [NPSL] ::: DISCOVER IT [$7800] ::: CHASE SAPPHIRE [$5000] ::: CHASE FREEDOM [$5000] ::: BARCLAYCARD ARRIVAL WMC [$5000] ::: CAP 1 VENTUREONE [$3000] ::: AMEX DELTA GOLD [$2000] ::: CAP 1 QS1 [$1250] ::: BOA CASH REWARDS [$1000] ::: CAP 1 PLATINUM [$750] ::: MACY'S RED CARD [$500]
Message 3 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I wish I knew. I have only had my Freedom since March with the intention to app for CSP in Sept.
Message 4 of 8
Manny121
Established Member

Thats not a bad idea ...I guess I should let Chase see how I handle a 5K CL ...and in 6 months see if that would better my chances for an approval for CSP ...

Message 5 of 8
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Hold off for the card you really want. I'd check to see in discover if you have a BT offer and use that. Then 6 months or so from now apply CSP

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

if you only got your chase freedom and discover it 2 weeks ago, you should still be able to do balance transfers.

call them and ask about it over the phone.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

if you only got your chase freedom and discover it 2 weeks ago, you should still be able to do balance transfers.

call them and ask about it over the phone.

+1 it should be listed on your T/C and online account...I just got mine and it's on both

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.