Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Soft Pulls

tag
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Chase Soft Pulls

Ok so I have a chase southwest premier visa, the past two weeks i have seen them do a soft pull on my experian. Once on the 14th and once on the 21st, what does that mean? Do you think its for a pre-screened off or maybe for a credit increase. I have not asked for an increase and the card is just over a year old.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Soft Pulls

@ojefferyo wrote:

Ok so I have a chase southwest premier visa, the past two weeks i have seen them do a soft pull on my experian. Once on the 14th and once on the 21st, what does that mean? Do you think its for a pre-screened off or maybe for a credit increase. I have not asked for an increase and the card is just over a year old.

Could just be checking on you to make sure you're not burning your empire down Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 17
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Lenders do this when they get alerts also say a new account, HP or significant balance change. If you go adding 10 HPs in a month and balances are quickly rising they use this FICO feature to mitigate risk.

For the most part nothing to worry about it is just standard practice especially with newer accounts.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 3 of 17
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

No new HP for me since April and my balances are consistently going down and my score is slowly going up. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same experince.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 17
Jlu
Established Contributor

If it is listed as a PRM coded soft pull then it is likely a promotional offer. If not then they are just checking up on you. They do it to every one whether you know it or not.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 5 of 17
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

If it is listed as a PRM coded soft pull then it is likely a promotional offer. If not then they are just checking up on you. They do it to every one whether you know it or not.

Yeah I can understand checking up on people but 2 times in 2 weeks?

Message 6 of 17
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

How long have you had the account? Scores going up? Are you at 6 months / year etc CLI time? We can theorize but bottom line is lenders do what they do lol
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 7 of 17
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@TheGardner wrote:
How long have you had the account? Scores going up? Are you at 6 months / year etc CLI time? We can theorize but bottom line is lenders do what they do lol

I've had it for over a year already, havent asked for an increase or recieved one automatically. Scores are going close to 700's

Message 8 of 17
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@TheGardner wrote:
Lenders do this when they get alerts also say a new account, HP or significant balance change. If you go adding 10 HPs in a month and balances are quickly rising they use this FICO feature to mitigate risk.

For the most part nothing to worry about it is just standard practice especially with newer accounts.

Thats me Smiley Happy.

I had a conversation about this with a credit analyst at Barclays yesterday. She's like, i see you've open 20 accounts in a span on a year, do you mind telling me why. I simply told her it's because i can afford it and i like getting rewarded for my spending. She's like "i can see you pay the accounts. Based on all the information i see here, i'm unable to approve you for a credit limit increase. I'd advise you to stop applying for card for about a year or so". I was about to scream "NEVER", but then i considered what she said and she actually makes sense. 20 accounts in a span on a year is INSANE lol. No wonder i got FR'd by Amex haha.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 9 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@TheGardner wrote:

Thats me Smiley Happy.

I had a conversation about this with a credit analyst at Barclays yesterday. She's like, i see you've open 20 accounts in a span on a year, do you mind telling me why. I simply told her it's because i can afford it and i like getting rewarded for my spending. She's like "i can see you pay the accounts. Based on all the information i see here, i'm unable to approve you for a credit limit increase. I'd advise you to stop applying for card for about a year or so". I was about to scream "NEVER", but then i considered what she said and she actually makes sense. 20 accounts in a span on a year is INSANE lol. No wonder i got FR'd by Amex haha.

Truer words have never been spoken. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.