cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest: ~10% rewards on grocery and gas for 2 months (maybe)

tag
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Chase Southwest: ~10% rewards on grocery and gas for 2 months (maybe)

Chase and Southwest have a pair of temporary offers that appear to add up to pretty lucrative rewards on grocery and gas spend in August and September. 

Chase has a targeted 5x Rapid Rewards points offer on grocery and gas in August and September. Not sure how widely targeted it is, but I got the offer in an email about a week ago. There are details posted on DoC. 

Southwest is offering a 30% bonus on RR points posted from cards between 8/1 and 10/31. 6,000 pts needed to qualify. This one has been out there for a month but I hadn't noticed it until I read about it on DoC. 

It looks like the two offers will stack. If so, that's 5 x 1.3 = 6.5 points per dollar spent. I've seen RR points valued between 1.4 cpp and 1.6 cpp. That works out to between 9.1% and 10.4% rewards value...

... if you have a Chase/SW card, if you're targeted for both offers, if they actually stack, if you have a use for RR points, and if the RR points don't get devalued before you can use them. That's a lot of ifs, but I'm excited about potentially earning 10% on grocery, which is my largest spending category. 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.