Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest - INSANE signup bonus for CA residents

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Chase Southwest - INSANE signup bonus for CA residents

This could potentially be the biggest signup bonus I have ever seen on a credit card if one flies Southwest regularly!

California residents only. (And don't forget that all Southwest cards are subject to 5/24.)

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/PlusCali

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest - INSANE signup bonus for CA residents

Now that's a bonus!  Too bad I'm not a CA resident.  

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh it means Californians moving into my states with one way tickets will mean they get to pay half price for the flight, plus 2 carry-ons, 2 personal items, and 4 checked bags free, too???

Kidding!

Message 3 of 26
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

If only I were a resident of CA...

Message 4 of 26
DUISlayer
Regular Contributor

Yeah, that offer would certainly ease the pain of having to live in CA... but not by much.

$1,500        $4,500        $1,000        $1,000       $13,500       $3,100        $1,000        $1,000        $15,000
     5/06           7/07            5/11            8/17            8/17           9/17           10/17         10/17          10/17

FICO 8 as of 11/4/17: EQ 674, TU 679, EX 665 | Gardening commenced Friday the 13th (10/13/17) | Next app: Oct '18 - 2nd AMEX

Message 5 of 26
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

wow, I am in 90212, I will just fire up the app online, um did you say 5/24?  lol ha-ha - I wish I had a recording the last time I tried to recon a branch pre-approval for an CIC, suffice it to say I am in a lush garden looking exile for a very long time..

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes this is awesome.  My fiance and I have cycled so that we could take advantage of the companion pass for 2 years (i.e. we aim to get it in Jan, then the other person gets it in 2 yrs, etc).  That's the only downside of this, is that it will only be good through next year.  Still, awesome deal and we might jump on this instead of waiting til Jan.  I guess living in Cali has paid off this time haha.

Message 7 of 26
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I caught this information from one of my favorite YouTubers this morning. Consensus seems to be they are pushing CA sign-ups because Southwest is going to start flights to Hawaii in 2018.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Sort of on-topic... does the Companion Pass cover travel on RR redemptions?  Like if person A had 40k RR points and added person B, then redeemed say 4 flights at 10k RR points... would person B be eligible to fly free on all 4 of those reward flights?  With 5k flights often available from BOS-MCO, that's enough for a Bostonian and a friend to spend every weekend during the snowy season in Orlando.  Oh yeah, that's why it's only for Californians!

Message 9 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Adkins wrote:
I caught this information from one of my favorite YouTubers this morning. Consensus seems to be they are pushing CA sign-ups because Southwest is going to start flights to Hawaii in 2018.

That could be a very good reason to push it!  I was going to say that I JUST mentioned the Hawaii thing (although I heard 2019 since they still need FAA approval), but then realized I'm having two different Southwest conversations on the forum.  LOL

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.