Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest RR 50K Offer?

tag
vpae
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest RR 50K Offer?

Funny, guess what I got in the mail today? Smiley Happy

A targeted offer for the Chase Rapid Rewards Premier Visa Signature with the 50K bonus points after $2K spend in the first 3 months! It lists my current points balance, + 50,000 = my new total. I have unti May 14th, 2014 to apply for this offer.

Question is, do I apply?

I think I'm already on thin ice with Chase. Most recently I applied for the Hyatt card on 3/25/14, it was 7-10 day notice and I called recon every day and all they say was it was pending another department to review it. Even when I got transferred to this 'other department', they still said someone else has to review it and it's pending. It was finally approved yesterday. The first analyst I spoke with on my first call stated they have issued me quite a bit of credit already in this last year and couldn't immediately approve my application. I was thinking possible internal limit but they approved me for $10K without taking away from my Freedom.

I opened the CSP on 7/22/13, Freedom 7/27/13, and now Hyatt on 3/13/14. I've been reading about the possible "4 Chase cards in less than 1 year" as being a possible red flag. Between July 2013-Aug 2013, I opened 6 new TL. I just went on an App Spree last week and was approved for all 5 TLs (one of them Barclay..), these new accounts are starting to report. In the last 12 months I have 8 Inq on EX, 10 on EQ, and 6 on TU. Everytime I app with Chase they have double pulled me. EX/EQ, EX/TU and EX/EQ.

So, go for it now before the rest of the new lines show up on the report? (3/5 are already on some of the reports)

Wait until May 14th to 'ride it out' a month then app? (I've seen some people who app monthly)

Or forget it all together and wait for the next public 50K offer? (Will it be back?)

#decisions Smiley Embarassed

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 21 of 31
newUser0
Established Contributor

Exact same situation buddy. Same offer, same approach...

I got 3 Chase CC this year, not sure, what to do. I have read many times that this offer will come and go... 

Message 22 of 31
newUser0
Established Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@vpae wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@vpae wrote:

@TNTransplant wrote:

I got the same targeted offer via email with invitation code - probably about the 4th time over the past 3 months.  Since i got booted from the garden after buying a new car, I figured why not?  Applied the same day I bought the car and was instantly approved.  CL $15k.  Now I just have to plan a trip somewhere... Smiley Happy

@TNTransplant and @Jdofelmire, you two both got email invites. I wonder where it's coming from? Do you both have Chase acconts? Are you both Rapid Reward members? Have either of you flown Southwest recently?

Thanks for the info!

I'm certain that they've got their targeted email from SW, as I got the same one a few days ago. 

Have you flown Southwest recently?

Haven't gotten anything from SW. But then again, 3 Chase approval in less than 8 months, I probably should wait until I hit a year before going for a 4th.

I've flown back in December.  I also have 3 Chase cards all within 8months (just like yours), but I desperately want to add the United Mileage Explorer instead of SW.

I want Hyatt, got United Explorer.. Can we exchange? So that no pulls just swapSmiley Tongue

Message 23 of 31
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@vpae wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@vpae wrote:

@TNTransplant wrote:

I got the same targeted offer via email with invitation code - probably about the 4th time over the past 3 months.  Since i got booted from the garden after buying a new car, I figured why not?  Applied the same day I bought the car and was instantly approved.  CL $15k.  Now I just have to plan a trip somewhere... Smiley Happy

@TNTransplant and @Jdofelmire, you two both got email invites. I wonder where it's coming from? Do you both have Chase acconts? Are you both Rapid Reward members? Have either of you flown Southwest recently?

Thanks for the info!

I'm certain that they've got their targeted email from SW, as I got the same one a few days ago. 

Have you flown Southwest recently?

Haven't gotten anything from SW. But then again, 3 Chase approval in less than 8 months, I probably should wait until I hit a year before going for a 4th.

I've flown back in December.  I also have 3 Chase cards all within 8months (just like yours), but I desperately want to add the United Mileage Explorer instead of SW.

I want Hyatt, got United Explorer.. Can we exchange? So that no pulls just swapSmiley Tongue

Hmmm.....if you can add Big Mac Happy Meal with it i might consider more  Smiley Wink

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 24 of 31
newUser0
Established Contributor

Ha Ha For sure.. 

Message 25 of 31
vpae
Established Contributor

...rapidrewardscard.com...so tempted to apply. But this card wasn't part of the plan!

My last 12 apps (15 HP due to double pull)  were all approved. Even with Chase's recon, I have a bad feeling about this one! Smiley Sad

One one hand, I don't want to waste an HP, on the other hand, what's another HP? lol

By 8/3/14, I will only have 2 on EX, 5 on EQ and 1 on TU. If Chase follows their pattern, they will double pull EX/TU next. (It was EX/EQ, EX/TU, EX/EQ).

I "Wanna Get Away"....!   I really should go into the garden and seek help for 'credit addiction' Smiley Embarassed

Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 7.57.48 PM.png

Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 26 of 31
newUser0
Established Contributor

Go ahead man. If you approved, I will follow you. 

Even for me, Chase always double Pulls, But haven't got the need to call the recon. All were approved at first shot.

What your's final call?

Message 27 of 31
vpae
Established Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

Even for me, Chase always double Pulls, But haven't got the need to call the recon. All were approved at first shot.

What your's final call?

lol, oh man, twice the pressure Smiley LOL

Although I can probably convince them to move some of my Freedom CL to approve the card. I think I'm more terrified of them taking AA and shutting down all of my cards. I can't decide if the 25K pts is worth that risk. I think I'm just going to hold off, get my 3x CLI from Amex in May and then get 1-2 Amex for backdating and hope that the 50K offer pops up towards the end of the year and try it then. I would have had the CSP/Freedom for over a year then and would feel a bit more comfortable picking up a 4th. Or maybe I'll plan now and try to go for the companion pass next year.

I better shread this before I wake up in the middle of the night and sleep-app. Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 31
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@vpae wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

What your's final call?

lol, oh man, twice the pressure Smiley LOL

Although I can probably convince them to move some of my Freedom CL to approve the card. I think I'm more terrified of them taking AA and shutting down all of my cards. I can't decide if the 25K pts is worth that risk. I think I'm just going to hold off, get my 3x CLI from Amex in May and then get 1-2 Amex for backdating and hope that the 50K offer pops up towards the end of the year and try it then. I would have had the CSP/Freedom for over a year then and would feel a bit more comfortable picking up a 4th. Or maybe I'll plan now and try to go for the companion pass next year.

I better shread this before I wake up in the middle of the night and sleep-app. Smiley Wink

I hear ya..I remember enharu's thread from a few weeks ago regarding to Chase closing most of his Chase cards, he mentioned something like 4th app within a year + INQs seemed to trigger the AA action.  I already have 3 w/ Chase, all within 6months so i'm definitely going to lay low for a while. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 29 of 31
newUser0
Established Contributor

Wise decision.

The think that I like with this card is that, it get's annual bonus points that pretty much pays the AF back and 2 points on SWA, which is good for domestic travel.

Ultimate one, is this counts towards companion pass. So Make sure, you plan all these, whenever you apply.

Had a look at your cards. Awesome collections. 

I think chase gave you pretty much good CL already and approval will not be a problem for you. 

About Amex 3X Going from 18K to 3X? That would be wonderful

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.