Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa

tag
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa

I just got mine back in April and I love it.  They pulled TU for me (score would have been around what it is in the sig) and I probably had 2 other inquiries on my TU at the time that were fresh.

TU has several old baddies on it COs/Collections from 2005-2007... I probably should have held off another month or two before applying with them to see if I could have gotten a higher CL when some of those baddies came off, but I was just so excited from my earlier approvals that I couldn't resist.

I app'd through a random affiliate link (use google to find a 50k points deal, they're always out there, you just have to find one) and was instantly approved online.  The CL was not disclosed, but was $3000 when the card arrived.  It knocked the socks off my other CLs at the time ($200, $800, $950) and will probably be my highest CL for a while... I'm using it for everything (except BTs), so hopefully it will grow!

Only downside I've noticed is that I haven't seen any sort of BT offer available yet at any rate other than the normal apr and I also read a thread that mentioned that a CSR said they don't give CLIs if you have a collection on your CR, but I haven't gotten any further confirmation on that.  Even if it won't grow until my CR is spotless in 2014, I still love it!

(ETA: It was my first Chase card as well, forgot to mention that.)

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 11 of 33
perfectuniverse1
Established Member

I went on a bit of an app spree and applied for the chase freedom and received it 2k CL ..called immediately and tried to recon the CL they gave me $300 more but it was another HP! I fly soutwest fairly regularly, probably once a month or so so def a great card to have.  I was tempted by the 50k pts etc offer on its last day.  So I went ahead and applied, within probably 5 days of the 2 HPs for the freedom.  I got the 2 week message.  I called today which is 2 days later and there still isnt a decision made on the card.  Its a great card but I think Ive reached my vMax on credit card approvals this go round.  My EQ is 672, EX 664 and TU 688... chase internal credit score 695.

ill let you know what happens

Message 12 of 33
perfectuniverse1
Established Member

@perfectuniverse1 wrote:

I went on a bit of an app spree and applied for the chase freedom and received it 2k CL ..called immediately and tried to recon the CL they gave me $300 more but it was another HP! I fly soutwest fairly regularly, probably once a month or so so def a great card to have.  I was tempted by the 50k pts etc offer on its last day.  So I went ahead and applied, within probably 5 days of the 2 HPs for the freedom.  I got the 2 week message.  I called today which is 2 days later and there still isnt a decision made on the card.  Its a great card but I think Ive reached my vMax on credit card approvals this go round.  My EQ is 672, EX 664 and TU 688... chase internal credit score 695.

FYI was approved on this after calling the recon line.  I rec'd the 5-7 day notice and called in to speed things up.  $3.5K CL.. Does anyone know the CLI tendancies of this card?

Message 13 of 33
Learning_Tee0225
Regular Contributor

@perfectuniverse1 wrote:

@perfectuniverse1 wrote:

FYI was approved on this after calling the recon line.  I rec'd the 5-7 day notice and called in to speed things up.  $3.5K CL.. Does anyone know the CLI tendancies of this card?

Do you happen to have that recon #?

Credit recovery journey -Jan 2022
1/2022: TU: 557 EX: 521 EQ: 567
6/2022: TU: 630 EX: 633 EQ:640
Current Cards
Open Sky Secured: $300
Discover IT: $2000
Merrick Bank: 2K
Mission Lane: $800
Forever 21: $600
Apple Card $1500, NFCU Go Rewards $6700, Amazon $600, Kohls $750
Message 14 of 33
Yj002
Established Member

I applied online and was approved for 5k instantly. I had 2 HI prior to applying. They also pulled TU. score was 692 with low utilization (less than 30%) of credit card balance. My score is slightly lower because of the average years of cc opened, with the longest one to be 4 years. However, they also said if I think I would prefer a higher limit they would be wiling to increase the limit by calling the number provided by them. Perhaps they would have asked 4 general questions regarding income, etc. I didn't call. Thought 5k would be good enough for now. I would recommend this card since it offers 50,000 points which equals to 2 roundtrip tickets. I Hope that helps. Let us know how it goes! Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 33
kimt

I checked my experian score before applying thhrough my fico...751..which was and exact match to credit sesame!...however credit karma says 641! (Something sounds real wroung here)..I was approved by souuthwest instantly for 12k...sounds like credit karma is a joke!
Message 16 of 33
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Ugh. Old thread.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 17 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@parakleet wrote:

Ugh. Old thread.

+1

**** OLD THREAD ALERT ****

Message 18 of 33
PCMedic
New Contributor

May be the odd one out here, but I actually prefer when folks add on to an old thread vs. starting new. Much easier IMO to get all the feedback / experiences on a product in one place without having to search through numerous different threads. Just sayin ...

Scores Credit Karma TU=697 Vantage 727 | WalMart TU=709 | CreditSesame Exp=739 | Exp. FICO = 739 Barclays TU=706 Discover IT = 702

Discover IT $14,900 | BJ's Perks MC $5500 | TD Bank Visa Signature $5000 | Capitol One QuickSilver One $1600 | Capitol One Platinum Prestige $3000 | Merrick $4000 | Walmart $50000 | PayPal CS $1400 | Fingerhut $1800 | OCCU Duck $5000 | SG Visa $2000
Message 19 of 33
ogbo0006
Established Member

My experience with the Chase Southwest Rapid Rapids card has been very favorable.  I was approved for the card 05/2013.  I have been flying Southwest pretty regularly and prior to applying to the credit card I had been getting multiple offers for this card via email and snail mail. 

At the time my myfico EQ score was hovering at 620 and I could only assume my EX & TU scores were fairly similar.  I received an email offer for the Chase Southwest card that had a signup bonus of 50,000 bonus points which is normally enough to 2 roundtrip tickets.  I applied for the card and was directed to call into Chase's customer service.  The lady I spoke with verified some information on my credit record and I was approved instantly for $5000.  I was shocked I was approved for the card given my credit score and my highest CL at the time was $2000.   Chase pulled my EX score.   When the card came in the mail it was their VISA Signature card.  I live in MN so we do not have any Chase banks out here, this was my first interaction with the Chase organization.

I order to get the 50,000 bonus I had to spend 2k in 3 months.  It was easy for me to do because I just ended up routing a majority of my bills through this card.  You get a 1 point per $1 spent and the points can deposited automatically into your Southwest account at the end of every bill cycle.  

The rewards a good but what is nice with Southwest is how easily it is to book a awards flight.  If you fly Southwest regularly I would definitely add this card to your portfolio.  Great card backed by a generous bank.

Hope this helps.

Starting Score: 528
Current Score: 620
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.