Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa

tag
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa

I just applied......wait for it...... Approved for $5,000 instantly! I'm so stoked! I do have a Freedom but its with a low limit of $1000 and I have a checking and savings too.
Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 21 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 22 of 33
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

Yup!! And I just received the confirmation email too. So sweet!
Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 23 of 33
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Very nice!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 24 of 33
krazzyluv

I got approved for the same amount. Did your message say something like if this amount doesn't meet your needs please feel free to discuss available credit options with a car? And also how do you know if its the visa signature card? My email just said congrats it's on the way. I went Togo turn my printer on and it said for security reasons it logged me off Smiley Sad got a screenshot but didn't get to print it off. To anyone else what re the odds of qualifying for another chase card while having this one?
Message 25 of 33
john398
Senior Contributor

Congrats on Approvals, I am waiting for the next 60k offer before I apply hopefully in October

Message 26 of 33
britthester
New Contributor

I don't think this card is particulary hard to get. You'll probably need to have a 700+ score, but obviously that varies. As far as being a first time Chase member, this card would be harder to get as opposed to the Chase Freedom or Sapphire (no AF), but if your credit is good you shouldn't have a problem. When I applied for this card, they pulled Experian. The rewards are good, but not great. If you're a frequent Southwest flyer this card will obvioiusly be of high value. If you're planning to use the sign-up bonus for a vacation or something, that's understanable, but if you don't plan to fly Southwest or travel often, I would look at other cards, especially the Sapphire Preferred. You can transfer points 1:1 and you recive better benefits and flexibility. Just my $0.02 Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 33
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@britthester wrote:

I don't think this card is particulary hard to get. You'll probably need to have a 700+ score, but obviously that varies. As far as being a first time Chase member, this card would be harder to get as opposed to the Chase Freedom or Sapphire (no AF), but if your credit is good you shouldn't have a problem. When I applied for this card, they pulled Experian. The rewards are good, but not great. If you're a frequent Southwest flyer this card will obvioiusly be of high value. If you're planning to use the sign-up bonus for a vacation or something, that's understanable, but if you don't plan to fly Southwest or travel often, I would look at other cards, especially the Sapphire Preferred. You can transfer points 1:1 and you recive better benefits and flexibility. Just my $0.02 Smiley Happy

+1. Other than the signup and annual retention bonuses, there is little use for this card. The one exception might be is if you're trying for the companion pass and have a large annual spend, since transferring points from the CSP diesn't count towards this.

Extremely low spenders (less than 10-15k per year) may also prefer this card over the CSP since the retention bonus will offet the AF, whereas the CSP has no such offset.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 28 of 33
krazzyluv

Ok so heres my story. I have never tried to establish credit until the past 5 years. I have a few small like under 500$ secured finance co loans. Then an 1100$ furniture store. 3 months ago I got my first cc. 300$ limit and had to call and beg for that chance. Last month got a signature loan for 1500$. My credit score was 624 with eq. From the bank. All of my payments have been paid within a week of posting or a few weeks before the due date. I have two medical bills that I am disputing. I kept getting the offer for the card and was shocked when i got approved. Dont think Im crazy but i honestly dont know alot about cc. I will be asking questions!!! I love this forum for that reason I used it before I applied!
Message 29 of 33
chan85
Established Contributor

@krazzyluv wrote:
Ok so heres my story. I have never tried to establish credit until the past 5 years. I have a few small like under 500$ secured finance co loans. Then an 1100$ furniture store. 3 months ago I got my first cc. 300$ limit and had to call and beg for that chance. Last month got a signature loan for 1500$. My credit score was 624 with eq. From the bank. All of my payments have been paid within a week of posting or a few weeks before the due date. I have two medical bills that I am disputing. I kept getting the offer for the card and was shocked when i got approved. Dont think Im crazy but i honestly dont know alot about cc. I will be asking questions!!! I love this forum for that reason I used it before I applied!

Congrats! What is your credit line?

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.