Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase TRIPLE HP'd me!

tag
jgbishop
Valued Member

Chase TRIPLE HP'd me!

Hi all.. Just wanted to let you know that I applied with Chase yesterday and got triple pulled. I have seen reports of double but nothing for all three.

Now to clarify: I applied for two cards. The United MilesPlus Explorer and the CSP about an hour apart. I only got pulled once on all three reports so if they wanted two reports per application, they reused one of them. They may have pulled all three for the Explorer and then just reused all three when I tried for the CSP later but I'm not really sure.

Just FYI

Starting Score: TU (myFICO) , EQ (myFICO) 620 , EX (PlusScore) 661 [1/1/13]
Current Score:font> TU (myFICO) 678 , EQ (myFICO) 660 , EX (PlusScore) 706 [6/11/13]
Goal Score: 750+ All Three

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase TRIPLE HP'd me!

@jgbishop wrote:

Hi all.. Just wanted to let you know that I applied with Chase yesterday and got triple pulled. I have seen reports of double but nothing for all three.

Now to clarify: I applied for two cards. The United MilesPlus Explorer and the CSP about an hour apart. I only got pulled once on all three reports so if they wanted two reports per application, they reused one of them. They may have pulled all three for the Explorer and then just reused all three when I tried for the CSP later but I'm not really sure.

Just FYI

bummer, but then it was 2 apps on the same day. Have you tried calling UW and see what the status is on those apps? did u get approved for both?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 15
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

@jgbishop wrote:

Just FYI

Ouch, was it a borderline approval? Possibly a 2 pull on one and they pulled the third cra for the other card.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 3 of 15
jgbishop
Valued Member

@dodgerslv wrote:

@jgbishop wrote:

Just FYI

bummer, but then it was 2 apps on the same day. Have you tried calling UW and see what the status is on those apps? did u get approved for both?

I got instant approval first for the Explorer with a CL of 12,000. I was planning on applying for the CSP later in the year but though my AAoA will be shot after the explorer begins reporting. The CSP is "pending". I'll give an update but I'm expecting to have to recon. I wasn't too worried about the one hit on each report mostly because I didn't have many pulls. I just wanted to get the word that it might be a 3 pull if you're close for one of them (I think I'm close on the CSP since I just got the explorer and Amex Plat)

Current Score:font> TU (myFICO) 678 , EQ (myFICO) 660 , EX (PlusScore) 706 [6/11/13]

Message 4 of 15
bribro
Valued Contributor

I'm starting to notice a pattern that Chase will HP all three bureaus when you're not instantly approved for a card, which makes sense.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 5 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@jgbishop wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@jgbishop wrote:

Just FYI

I got instant approval first for the Explorer with a CL of 12,000. I was planning on applying for the CSP later in the year but though my AAoA will be shot after the explorer begins reporting. The CSP is "pending". I'll give an update but I'm expecting to have to recon. I wasn't too worried about the one hit on each report mostly because I didn't have many pulls. I just wanted to get the word that it might be a 3 pull if you're close for one of them (I think I'm close on the CSP since I just got the explorer and Amex Plat)

you should call UW already...why wait for the letter or response from them?

Message 6 of 15
jgbishop
Valued Member

@dodgerslv wrote:

@jgbishop wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@jgbishop wrote:

Just FYI

I honestly didn't know you could. Just call the customer service number or the backdoor number?

Message 7 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@jgbishop wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@jgbishop wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@jgbishop wrote:

Just FYI

I honestly didn't know you could. Just call the customer service number or the backdoor number?

backdoor number, will connect you directly to a credit analyst. They are pleasant people to talk to. Just sweet talk them and talk great about their cards and wanna built a strong relationship with them....honestly, call them and in alot cases they will approve you on the spot. Could be that it is under review cuz you applied for 2 cards in one day and they just need to verify some info. Also, make sure you are ready to explain any baddies that you may have on your CR.

Message 8 of 15
Contributor

@bribro wrote:

I'm starting to notice a pattern that Chase will HP all three bureaus when you're not instantly approved for a card, which makes sense.

That worries me. I'll likely have to recon my upcoming Freedom app, and after hearing this, I'm not sure if it's worth 3x HPs.

$1500            $1500             $2500             $2500             NPSL         
Starting EQ: 646 - Current EQ: 693 - Goal EQ for 12/2013: >720
Gardening from 7/2013 until 1/2014
Message 9 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

+1 to dodgerslv suggestion

Good luck!

Edit: shaking both fists at my inability to quote on iPad!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.