Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Temporary CLI

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Chase Temporary CLI

Something very interesting happened yesterday. So my SO was traveling to Dominican Republic yesterday and I had booked the hotel with my $500 Chase Freedom card. It was a book now, pay later on arrival hotel so I wasn't charged upon booking the reservation initially.  Well when I got in from work yesterday, it was very late like around 11pm ish and I realized that I had only $360 credit available and that wouldn't have been enough to cover the full cost of the hotel when they will eventually attempt to charge it. So I quickly got on the phone and called in so they can draft a payment from my Chase Checking account to the credit card so I could free up more credit. But for some weird reasons, the payment didn't go through instantly like they said it would since it's Chase to Chase. Well the CSR then she said she would temporarily increase my credit limit but after 5days it will return back to the original $500 CL. Thanked her, got off the phone, logged into my online account and my credit line is now $1000 and available credit $840. Now I'm just gonna see if they will actually revert it back to the original limit she said after the 5days period. No HP at all on all 3 bureaus...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Temporary CLI

@pip3man wrote:

Something very interesting happened yesterday. So my SO was traveling to Dominican Republic yesterday and I had booked the hotel with my $500 Chase Freedom card. It was a book now, pay later on arrival hotel so I wasn't charged upon booking the reservation initially.  Well when I got in from work yesterday, it was very late like around 11pm ish and I realized that I had only $360 credit available and that wouldn't have been enough to cover the full cost of the hotel when they will eventually attempt to charge it. So I quickly got on the phone and called in so they can draft a payment from my Chase Checking account to the credit card so I could free up more credit. But for some weird reasons, the payment didn't go through instantly like they said it would since it's Chase to Chase. Well the CSR then she said she would temporarily increase my credit limit but after 5days it will return back to the original $500 CL. Thanked her, got off the phone, logged into my online account and my credit line is now $1000 and available credit $840. Now I'm just gonna see if they will actually revert it back to the original limit she said after the 5days period. No HP at all on all 3 bureaus...

I was traveling overseas a while back and I needed to buy a last minute plane ticket.  Citi temporarly increased my credit limit so that I could purchase the ticket.  The credit limit did eventually revert back to the original limit.

Message 2 of 5
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

yes, its only temporary and it will go back, I found a CSR to do it for me, a while back don't even remember the reason, but the CL was increased and went back to where it was previously. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 5
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

I hope it reverts back.

Message 4 of 5
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

@subwaysandwich wrote:

I hope it reverts back.

Anywho, back on topic. Whether it's temporary or slips through the cracks, it's definitely something they don't have to do; and they clearly pulled you out of a bind. A big bank doing something like this for their customers is huge in my eyes. They've been impressing me a lot lately.

☮ & ❤
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.