Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Trifecta Concern

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loans in Forbearance and New Credit Cards

Gotcha, I figured I’d paint the whole picture.
Message 41 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loans in Forbearance and New Credit Cards

IMO, Chase literally does not even look at student loans, at least in terms of balances. Both my spouse and I have significant (and I mean significant) federal student loan debt, yet we have no problem getting instant approvals for Chase cards (we each have at least $50k + in Chase CLs). We had no problem when our student loans were in deferment or repayment. DTI for student loans, at least federal, is generally a “myth” and Chase gets its. By myth, I mean, most banks now look at your actual monthly payment in your DTI, not an your listed balance. As long as your profile supports it otherwise, you’ll be fine with Chase.
Message 42 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Trifecta Concern

So I asked my employer if I can use my own card instead of a company card and they said yes. They prefer it because they feel more people will be responsible for receipts. 

I spend about $5-$7k on it each month so the CSR seems like a slam dunk being that I pay around $4k in EZ pass bills and $1k in dining. The AMEX Plat is also attractive for this as well. I have enough cash where I can cover the monthly payment if reimbursement is late so I am not worried about that. 

The kicker is the statement I submit for reimbursement can't have personal charges on it. So I was thinking of using the Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom unlimited as every days. 

Message 43 of 49
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I asked my employer if I can use my own card instead of a company card and they said yes. They prefer it because they feel more people will be responsible for receipts. 

I spend about $5-$7k on it each month so the CSR seems like a slam dunk being that I pay around $4k in EZ pass bills and $1k in dining. The AMEX Plat is also attractive for this as well. I have enough cash where I can cover the monthly payment if reimbursement is late so I am not worried about that. 

The kicker is the statement I submit for reimbursement can't have personal charges on it. So I was thinking of using the Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom unlimited as every days. 

Why dont you submit the receipts as backup to the reimbursement as oppose to the statement.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 44 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Side topic, maybe I am reading this wrong, but you rack up $4,000 a month in EZ pass costs?!

Besides that lol, the CSR would give you absolutely amazing return if youre spending $5k+ in dining and travel per month.  However I am not quite sure what you mean by the Amex platinum being attractive for this situation.  

Message 45 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just asked the controller and he said they prefer it to be separate, not required to be separate. So I’m golden.

They require the receipts and statements along with an excel with the account codes. I can do a strike through on my purchases.
Message 46 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I’m a GM for a contracting company and we have over 30 active EZ passes. We are in the NY Metro area.

I say Amex Plat because of the travel benefits but I put the numbers through a spreadsheet and between what I spend for the company and my personal use I can rack up 250,000 UR points a year. Which is worth about $3,750 in travel if I’m correct?

Hotel elite status would be nice but since I pay for travel and dining Chase seems like a slam dunk. I also spend $6k a year in Verizon Fleetmatics but not sure if it’s considered travel. I also book hotels through it too but it’s sporadic.

Seems like a no-brainer to me right?
Message 47 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah I’m a GM for a contracting company and we have over 30 active EZ passes. We are in the NY Metro area.

I say Amex Plat because of the travel benefits but I put the numbers through a spreadsheet and between what I spend for the company and my personal use I can rack up 250,000 UR points a year. Which is worth about $3,750 in travel if I’m correct?

Hotel elite status would be nice but since I pay for travel and dining Chase seems like a slam dunk. I also spend $6k a year in Verizon Fleetmatics but not sure if it’s considered travel. I also book hotels through it too but it’s sporadic.

Seems like a no-brainer to me right?

That makes so much more sense haha.  But man you are set up so good right now!  your calculations are correct,  but dont forget that $3750 in travel redemption is the MINIMUM.  If you do your due diligence you can get $5000+ in return through the transfer partners.  No question you should be getting the CSR with all this in mind.  The Amex platinum has some nice perks if you will be traveling a lot.  But hotel status and extra lounges are more nice to haves than anything.

Message 48 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s some serious travel money. I didn’t even factor in the SUB in it either so it’s goibg to be over 300k UR the first year.
Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.