Did you mean: 

Chase Trifecta

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Trifecta

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't think that is the "trifecta" everyone is thinking about.....

It's supposed to be Freedom, CSP, and an Ink Cash (or Plus).

Now with the Freedom Unlimited, its 4 cards.

Not all of us can have the Ink, even within 5/24 Smiley Sad 

Hmm...it was pretty for me to apply for. All chase wanted was a business EIN letter when I applied two times. (which anyone can obtain)

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I sometimes wonder why the Ink is tossed around as if it's an option for the majority. Not everyone is eligible for it. It's a business card.

I would be leery of the "4 card" thing...that's a lot of eggs in one basket/system. Kind of a moot point though as unless you are  going to garden almost entirely for 2 years, 5/24 will prevent the "quad fecta".

Sole proprietorship? 

Message 22 of 30
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

I love chase cards and UR points. Currently have CSP and Freedom. Used to have ink plus but closed it last week. Will eventually pick up the freedom unlimited and another chase ink down the road. I just realized I have had the CSP for 5 years as of tomorrow. Should have cancelled it and gotten the bonus again but since it is my oldest chase card I probably shouldnt even though another 50k points would be amazing.

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 23 of 30
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I sometimes wonder why the Ink is tossed around as if it's an option for the majority. Not everyone is eligible for it. It's a business card.

I would be leery of the "4 card" thing...that's a lot of eggs in one basket/system. Kind of a moot point though as unless you are  going to garden almost entirely for 2 years, 5/24 will prevent the "quad fecta".

Sole proprietorship? 

Not everyone is comfortable lying on an application in order to qualify for a business card when they don't actually have a business. I agree with kdm, Ink shouldn't be used since not everyone has a business.

Message 24 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sole proprietorship? 

Not everyone is comfortable lying on an application in order to qualify for a business card when they don't actually have a business. I agree with kdm, Ink shouldn't be used since not everyone has a business.

This. Not sure what people don't understand. If people want to "exaggerate" to get a business card that's their prerogative but I'm not comfortable with it. It's not worth lying to a lender just to get rewards. Could bite you in the behind later. I suggest only people with legitimate businesses apply for Ink but that's just my opinion. 

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sole proprietorship? 

If someone has whatever credentials a lender requires to constitute a business, they're not lying - right? I had been contemplating applying for an Ink Cash for the 5% on mobile phone service but decided to shoot for US Bank instead (eventually intending to upgrade my useless Cash Rewards to a Cash+ )

But I do regularly repair vintage video game stuff to sell on eBay, which if that is enough of a business for Chase... doesn't seem dishonest at all to use on an Ink application.

Message 26 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The problem comes when people go "well, I sold one thing on ebay ten years ago so I'm a sole proprietorship!" Or worse, they just completely falsify information about a "business". You can find blogs that give you instructions essentially on how to cheat the application.

Obviously where one draws the line on what is or isn't a "business" will differ but if you regularly sell a product or service and derive income from it I think that's fair. The key is "regularly", IMO.
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

You wouldn't be lying if you had a side job or anything you run other than your 'normal' job. Generally, if you selling a product or service for a profit, the IRS will constitute that activity as a business activity. More information can be found on FS-2007-18. It further corroborates your case if you file a Schedule C, and furthermore, if you have an EIN. 

But yes, what kdm said was correct; it should be a regular activity.

Message 28 of 30
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

not interested... I'm good with what I have..don't need anything else...
Good Luck 2 ya....

Message 29 of 30
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not all of us can have the Ink, even within 5/24 Smiley Sad 

Hmm...it was pretty for me to apply for. All chase wanted was a business EIN letter when I applied two times. (which anyone can obtain)

I run a couple businesses, and do not obtain ein.  Not necessary unless have employees.  And, not everyone SHOULD get an EIN.

Signature needs updating
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.