Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase UR Points Question

tag
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Chase UR Points Question

I log on to my Chase account for my Freedom Card, and it says I have 11,980 Total Points available.....What does this mean? How can I use the points? Cashback?

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase UR Points Question

@Vegas247 wrote:

I log on to my Chase account for my Freedom Card, and it says I have 11,980 Total Points available.....What does this mean? How can I use the points? Cashback?

Yep, Freedom points can be redeemed for cash back, on Amazon.com, and possibly for gift cards. The other option is to get a CSP at some point, and then you can transfer them to travel partners.

Message 2 of 8
MT936
Established Contributor

You can use it for statement credit or on amazon that is a little over $100 you can also shop online through many of the UR partners online  through the UR page 

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 3 of 8
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

@Vegas247 wrote:

If you don't have a CSP, Ink Bold, Ink Plus, or Palladium card then your points or Ulimate Rewards are only worth $0.01 each in the form of cash back or gift cards - so $119.80 for the figure you gave above.  If you were to have a CSP, Ink Bold, Ink Plus, or Palladium card then you could transfer those points or Ultimate Rewards to travel partners - like United, Southwest, Hyatt, etc. - and depending how you spend earn from $0.02 - $0.07 / UR - giving you anywhere from 2 - 7 times the amount of travel for free.

Message 4 of 8
MT936
Established Contributor

With annual fee but yes
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 5 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MT936 wrote:
With annual fee but yes

With annual fee, but also with bonus worth several years AF!

Message 6 of 8
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone....I used my 119.80 for a statement credit today.....

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 7 of 8
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@nachoslibres wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

If you don't have a CSP, Ink Bold, Ink Plus, or Palladium card then your points or Ulimate Rewards are only worth $0.01 each in the form of cash back or gift cards - so $119.80 for the figure you gave above.  If you were to have a CSP, Ink Bold, Ink Plus, or Palladium card then you could transfer those points or Ultimate Rewards to travel partners - like United, Southwest, Hyatt, etc. - and depending how you spend earn from $0.02 - $0.07 / UR - giving you anywhere from 2 - 7 times the amount of travel for free.

Good information...

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.