Re: Chase UR Points for Travel

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Round trip tickets from NYC to LAX ( Obviously can be cheaper if you live closer or more expensive if you live somewhere with no direct flight) back in feb was $320 using JetBlue with only about four to five weeks notice.... Pricing could be better or whatever but You can easily get a round trip ticket and a few days in a hotel with that much CB anyways ...

Here is what I paid for the trip myself with only Car rental, Hotel and Air fare for 5 days:

Round Trip tickets X2: $640

Hotel: $1,000

Car Rental: I usually don't get CDW and liability but did so Car rental was :$250 Plus $170 for the CDW and liability for around the price of $420

Total cost was around $2,000 for 2 people and 5 days but Depending on how long, airline, Hotel and etc you can get it cheaper.

Not bad for 5 days for 2 people! I see your hotel consumed a good portion of your points.  Do you always use your UR points for flights? I usually use them on flights less than $100 R/T when I catch them lol am in Kentucky but I tend to always fly out of CVG on Frontier. I am flying CVG-LAX drive to Vegas and LAS-MIA-CVG. 

I just paid cash for that trip. Currently banking 60,000 AA points and 100,000 Hilton points for a trip i was thinking of doing this summer but probably nezt summer now Smiley Sad

Ah ok I see. You got good points saved up!! Domestic or international? 

Domestic .... Don't currently have an active passport Smiley Sad

You gotta start collecting passport stamps with those points lol 

I have plenty of stamps already on my old ones... No desire to go away since I don't want to spend that much in travel ....yet anyways. Going to cost quite a lot ti go to Korea, Japan and France for what i want to do anyways Smiley Happy . Planning on using the AA points to travel to SD and than return from Portland while driving up the coast.... 

I like how you roll!! Lucky you..Japan and Korea are on my list! You'll be eating good over there lol 

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you buy economy seats and don't mind the airline, I keep seeing East China Air tickets from LA to South Korea for about $650 round trip... a far cry better than the $2400 I'm about to shell out for point-upgradeable economy on Korean Air for next months' trip Smiley Sad

That would be helpful if I lived in LA Smiley Tongue 

I live in NYC Smiley Sad

Ahh very different story I imagine! I don't live anywhere near LA, but can generally find cheaper flights if my main round trip is done to/from LA instead of my home state (IE it's cheaper overall to buy 1-way tickets to/from LA, then round trip to/from LA for the main journey). Weird, but I'm willing to jump through hoops if it saves enough $$

One way tickets to LA from NYC is around $150 or so Smiley Sad. Probably going to wait until i save some money and some time and take a big vacation and visit all those places at once.

I would wait for a big trip , if you are travelign domestically I would just use cash/credit cards aka not using points. 

I used an bunch of UR earlier this year to fly asiana business to far east it was quite nice. Since i used UAL minimal surcharges so it was pretty good all around. 

Roughly how many UR points does it take to fly R/T to Asia? 

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

From LAX (Los Angeles) to NRT (Tokyo) it's about 50-70k for economy, about 130-150k for business, and about 150k-180 for First. I'm quoting the points prices from AwardHacker dot com. Looking at the booking site from the airlines it's pretty close for United and Singapore air.

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

From LAX (Los Angeles) to NRT (Tokyo) it's about 50-70k for economy, about 130-150k for business, and about 150k-180 for First. I'm quoting the points prices from AwardHacker dot com. Looking at the booking site from the airlines it's pretty close for United and Singapore air.

Not bad at all! I'll check that site out. Thanks! 

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

alphabravo wrote:Not bad at all! I'll check that site out. Thanks! 

No problem. You should look into getting the CSP (or an Ink+ if you have a business) so you can transfer the points you earn with your Freedom to the carriers. This is how you maximize your points potential.

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

alphabravo wrote:Not bad at all! I'll check that site out. Thanks! 

No problem. You should look into getting the CSP (or an Ink+ if you have a business) so you can transfer the points you earn with your Freedom to the carriers. This is how you maximize your points potential.

I tried for the Ink Plus last week but no go. I use my Freedom for all my business purchases and rack up points. 

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

West coast to Hong Kong is under 400 on United or delta fare wars right now.

Using points for economy is a waste
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
West coast to Hong Kong is under 400 on United or delta fare wars right now.

Using points for economy is a waste

Can't beat that price and yeah it's a waste like you said. I don't even wanna go to LA no more lol 

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.