Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Cards have a new SUB!

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase United Cards have a new SUB!

They did but I'd have to search my emails because there was nothing that struck me as being overly meaningful by way of spend although there was an invitation to donate miles which United would match.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 11 of 20
red259
Super Contributor

So what is the general consensus with these offers? I'm at 4/24. Wondering if I should jump on one of these offers. Also, is the club access good for flying with any airline the day of or only United/partners? Kinda thinking the infinite isnt worth it for the signup alone and the club access with everything going on may not be good enough to offset the fee so the explorer may be the better card.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 20
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@red259 wrote:

So what is the general consensus with these offers? I'm at 4/24. Wondering if I should jump on one of these offers. Also, is the club access good for flying with any airline the day of or only United/partners? Kinda thinking the infinite isnt worth it for the signup alone and the club access with everything going on may not be good enough to offset the fee so the explorer may be the better card.

United added restrictions in late 2018 that admission to a United Club requires a same-day boarding pass on a United/United Express or Star Alliance-member flight, consistent with restrictions that other airlines imposed with their own clubs.

The Explorer card does give you 2 UC passes per year and still gets you priority boarding, if you have at least a $15K SL you can always upgrade to the Club card in a year if travel restrictions loosen up.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 13 of 20
red259
Super Contributor

I noticed the united business card offers the same signup as the personal card. I'm at 4/24. I haven't had any united cards with chase. I own my own business. In the current enviroment is it harder to get approved for one over the other? I have both chase personal and business cards. Do these cards share a bonus lockout or can I get the bonus on both? 

;
Message 14 of 20
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

I noticed the united business card offers the same signup as the personal card. I'm at 4/24. I haven't had any united cards with chase. I own my own business. In the current enviroment is it harder to get approved for one over the other? I have both chase personal and business cards. Do these cards share a bonus lockout or can I get the bonus on both? 

Sole props are getting denied left and right even with people with high scores and previous business cards. LLCs are hit or miss. High earning established LLCs might get approved. 

Message 15 of 20
red259
Super Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Sole props are getting denied left and right even with people with high scores and previous business cards. LLCs are hit or miss. High earning established LLCs might get approved. 

Hmm maybe I should go ahead and skip the business app and just go for the personal card. I have a sole prop with three business cards all of which I use for different reasons. Last one I picked up last November. 

;
Message 16 of 20
red259
Super Contributor

Can someone let me know if my math here is correct. My understanding is with the chase united club card the signup is 100k for 5k spend. There is a $525 AF. This comes with club access. What I am curious about is that I read that I can pay the AF with united miles  at a rate of 1.5 cents a piece. By that math it would cost me 35k miles to pay the AF. I would still end up with a signup bonus of 65k miles vs the 60k miles I would get with the explorer card and I would have club access. It would cost me $2k more spend. Am I doing this math right? Does it make more sense to go for the club card even with the current travel situation?  

;
Message 17 of 20
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I thought that was a one-time promo for current cardholders whose annual fee was due in March-May.  Unknown if that promo is still ongoing or if it is available to new cardholders.  In any case you'd want to be sure you already had at least 35K miles in your account because nobody is going to wait for you to meet the SUB and get the 100K miles deposited before you pay the AF.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 18 of 20
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Hmm maybe I should go ahead and skip the business app and just go for the personal card. I have a sole prop with three business cards all of which I use for different reasons. Last one I picked up last November. 

I think I have have seen 2 SP data points in the last few months of being approved and dozens of denials. I have a real business (SP) but no business relationship with Chase. I have been waiting to apply for a business card but I probably will stay away for the time being until Chase changes its stance.

Message 19 of 20
red259
Super Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I think I have have seen 2 SP data points in the last few months of being approved and dozens of denials. I have a real business (SP) but no business relationship with Chase. I have been waiting to apply for a business card but I probably will stay away for the time being until Chase changes its stance.

Yea. Based on this I think I will wait as well on future chase business apps. The cobrands may be easier than the Inks, but even in the good times chase would sometimes give me a hassle over technicalities. 

;
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.