cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Explorer Mileage Plus Card Has Been Approved!!!! BuT!!!!!

tag
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase United Explorer Mileage Plus Card Has Been Approved!!!! BuT!!!!!

Good luck, fingers crossed!

Message 11 of 27
kekrre
Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Thanks for you all. I just talked to them (lending dept). and they moved $500 from Chase Freedom to United Explorer Visa. I just found out it is not Visa Signature Card, They cannot upgrade it after a year. By the way, they cannnot match the branch offer because I applied online.

Ron.

Congrats - you got the card and you got rid of a Freedom. I think you have two more superfluous ones to go?

If you need a screenshot of the 50k offer to try to get them to budge, I can send you one.

Also, when you get the card, can you post if it's a standard embossed card, or if it's non-embossed and looks like their promo material? I ask because they promote a non-embossed Freedom card on their site, but everybody I've seen has a standard embossed Freedom card.

|||||||
Message 12 of 27
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks!!! I got rid of Slate Card. I need to call to move $500 to United. So the Slate will be closed.

Ron.

Message 13 of 27
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@kekrre wrote:
Also, when you get the card, can you post if it's a standard embossed card, or if it's non-embossed and looks like their promo material? I ask because they promote a non-embossed Freedom card on their site, but everybody I've seen has a standard embossed Freedom card.

I'm pretty certain it'll be embossed.  I've seen a hundred of the MP Explorer cards and all had the card number embossed on the front.  The MP Club card looks more like the CSP, without anything embossed on the front except the holder's name.     

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 14 of 27
Ron1
Super Contributor

UPDATE:

I finally one of Chase Freedom CL and  Chase Slate to my new Chase United Explorer card. Now the card has $10K. I talked to CSR and credit analyst mumerous times and they were very nice and helpful unlike BofA/FIA. Now I have enough CL to go to Asia for buying airline tickets. For the 50K bonus, they replied me last night. They will forward to the correct dept. I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Ron.

Message 15 of 27
Ron1
Super Contributor

They just replied my secured message. They honored it. They told me to call the number in the back of my card. They will add additional $20K when I spend $1000 within 3 months.  

Thanks to all to let me know 50k bonus at the branch.

Ron.

Message 16 of 27
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Congrats Ron!!!!

Message 17 of 27
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

They just replied my secured message. They honored it. They told me to call the number in the back of my card. They will add additional $20K when I spend $1000 within 3 months.  

Ron.

Congrats, that's awesome! I really like how Chase is willing to honor signup promos.

Message 18 of 27
Ron1
Super Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Congrats, that's awesome! I really like how Chase is willing to honor signup promos.

I'm surprised too. Smiley Surprised

Ron.

Message 19 of 27
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

I'm surprised too. Smiley Surprised

Ron.

See, I told you so! Smiley LOL The secure message method works.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.