Did you mean: 

Chase United Explorer upgrade

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase United Explorer upgrade

@NoHardLimits wrote:

At EWR, one of the most important benefits of United Club access is that the Reps there have a lot of authority during irregular operations.  If your flight is cancelled, delayed, or you just want to try to get on an earlier flight, the lounge dragons can be very useful.

+100,000,000 and it's not just at EWR. 

The lounge dragons are UA's best gate agents that rotate through desk duty at the UC and when on-shift have both the authority and experience to know how to work the system.   They're your best friends when there are irregular ops and can make things happen that even the 1K desk couldn't. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 11 of 17
krmurrayjr10
Regular Contributor

Although the lounges of the US carriers are nothing special, I value them for their quiet relative to the hustle and bustle in the terminal. I was stuck in Terminal 4 at LAX for several hours last year, on 2 separate occasions, on my way back to the east coast from Australia and from Hawaii, and being able to go upstairs to the AA lounge, away from the chaos, was a godsend.

And as has already been mentioned, the miracles the lounge dragons can work when things go wrong, which is no rarity at EWR, is another incentive for the Infinite card. Just a few more days to wait Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 17
krmurrayjr10
Regular Contributor

Just to follow up on my original question:

I finally called Chase on 11/19, the exact 1-year account anniversary, to ask about upgrading, and the representative said that the upgrade option was not yet available on my account. She said she always tells customers to call in the day after their account anniversary, and that if I called back the next day, the upgrade would be available.

I called again today, 11/20, got a different representative, and she confirmed that I was eligible to upgrade. We had it done in no time and said the new card should arrive in 3-5 days. Even though I am still awaiting the card, deleting the old one from Apple Pay and re-adding it from within the Chase mobile app shows the new card image in Apple Pay.

Yay! Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

Remi is correct. 

You're also correct about the $15K CL mininum, so you're all set. 

BTW you will get a separate United Club membership card which you'll need in your physical posession, the Lounge Dragons won't accept posession of the CC as an alternative. 

$15k minimum limit for any Visa Infinite or United Explorer Infinite? I received a Visa Infinite for my Chase Sapphire Reserve at only $9k (Sept 2018). 

Message 14 of 17
krmurrayjr10
Regular Contributor

The terms on the United Infinite card application page clearly specify a $15k minimum:

"Before we approve you for a credit card, we will review your credit report and the information you provide with your response to confirm that you meet the criteria for this offer. Based on this review, you may receive a card with different costs or you may not receive a card. If approved for an account, your credit access line will be at least $15000."

The current minimum for the CSR is $10k, per their terms and conditions:

"Before we approve you for a credit card, we will review your credit report and the information you provide with your response to confirm that you meet the criteria for this offer. Based on this review, you may receive a card with different costs or you may not receive a card. If approved for an account, your credit access line will be at least $10000."

Message 15 of 17
RSX
Valued Contributor

plus the United Infinite is not just about the Club access - though you do get yourself, your traveling companion and a dependant minor in with you - which in just one trip is more than the 2 free passes with the Explorer

the big reason i upgraded my card in May, was for the '4x on purchases with United'

i upgraded mine 2 weeks before booking a trip for 3 people - so the extra earn was pretty good

so if you are actually flying United regularly, this doubles the earn from the Explorer

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 16 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

Remi is correct. 

You're also correct about the $15K CL mininum, so you're all set. 

BTW you will get a separate United Club membership card which you'll need in your physical posession, the Lounge Dragons won't accept posession of the CC as an alternative. 

$15k minimum limit for any Visa Infinite or United Explorer Infinite? I received a Visa Infinite for my Chase Sapphire Reserve at only $9k (Sept 2018). 

There is no "United Explorer Infinite", it's the United Club Card Visa Infinite.

The United Club card was a Visa Signature but was updated as a Visa Infinite early this spring coupled with an increase in the AF.  Those of us who already held the card had the option of paying the differential and upgrading to the Visa Infinite version or keeping it as a Visa Signature with the same AR.  Both versions had the $15K mininum SL.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.