Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Mileage Explorer - Denied... but there is hope

tag
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Chase United Mileage Explorer - Denied... but there is hope

Urgh, Well I tried for the Chase United Airlines card today after feeling good about my Amex 3x CLI and my 3x Discover CLI.  I got the we need to review information to make a decision, we will notify you in 10 days.  What sucks, it's a holiday and I can't speak to a credit analyst for a few days.

I have 44k available before my 8k increases this week from Amex and Discover with about 15% util. 

All baddies are 2.9 years or older

AAoA 7.6 years

Oldest 11.6 years

2 inq a year old on each CR and 3 on TU with one a few days old from my Discover HP CLI

$65k income

No living expenses and no other debt

Think I will get it?  Please say yes

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase United Mileage Explorer - Application pending review

I think you have a good shot at a recon. It just may be pending review, might not be an auto decline.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 14
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Looks like you have a very good chance. Keep checking the status line, and call  on Friday if you haven't heard yet.  If they say no, you have a good chance at a successful recon.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Either way, keep us posted! Waiting is torture! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 14
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the encouragement, I just have no patience!  I live +17 hours from EST, so I am thinking I will stay up until 1 am tonight which will be 8 am Friday and the credit analyst will be available for making a decision.  I did see that they pulled EXP which is my better report. 

Hope everyone is having a great Thankgiving and keeping their util low!

Message 5 of 14
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Well it was declined by the time I called the analyst today to due Major derog 2.9 years ago.  The analyst said he would take a second look.  He came back and said since my Discover was at $1,300 balance of $1,700 limit.  He said he must look at my credit file since the major derogatory, which the only new credit I have received was the Discover he had to base it off that.  The card has a $2k minimum and since my Discover has not reflected my increase to $5,700 nor a balance of $120 he could not qualify me.

On a positive note, he said to call back once my CR changed to reflect the new CL with Discover and he would be able to approve.  So there is just more WAITING!!

Message 6 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase United Mileage Explorer - Denied... but there is hope

Sometimes it just takes waiting for the reporting lol which is why it blows my mind that banks report increased util and inqs right away but take forever to report big util decreases and significant credit increases!! Lol the bast -ards!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 14
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

On a bright note, I called Discover  and the CSR got me an "account manager" who after working for a little bit stated that they pushed an update through to reflect my current status, she said it should appear in a day or two on my report.  Also I asked about an APR decrease, which she helped process through.  Down to 17.99% from 22.9%.  I know it is not the 13.4% on my Amex, but it felt good.

Message 8 of 14
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Did you call Chase back?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 9 of 14
aplast
Regular Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Did you call Chase back?

+1. would love to know the outcome.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.