Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Visa - Fraud Just Now

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Chase United Visa - Fraud Just Now

I had fraud once with Barclays. I was at work and the called ID said Barclays Bank, I picked up real quick haha. It was their fraud dept. alerting me of a real time transaction that seemed strange. Closed card, issued new one the next day. very easy to deal with. 

Message 21 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@jasonkm1 wrote:

I had a similar experience with my Barclays Hawaiian AIr card, but had to pay the charges when my statement came out. I called and they said I will be reimbursed after a month or so. Is this normal?

All depends on how the creditor handles such matters.  Some automatically credit the amount while the investigation is underway.  I can't speak for Barclay though I do have a Sallie Mae.

But it any case you DON'T have to pay the charges.   You can dispute them, and then you cannot be reported as late on those charges  and interest will not be charged while the matter is investigated.    

Of course, if the amount was small it may just be easier to pay and trust them to reimburse, but personally I would never pay charges that aren't mine, as issuers might decide your payment is your agreement to  the validity of the charges!

Message 22 of 24
ddemari
Super Contributor

chase is good. logged in, account shows new number and all the fraud charges are gone. 

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I really am questioning whether or not I will be adding the AARP and Hyatt in the next few years....I see more fraud for chase and hear about it more from friends than any other bank. Why is that?

What is it about folks that seem to point blame directly with the banks?  This is NOT on Chase.  99% chance this is on a payment processor, and for obvious reasons theft (both physical property and electronic) always rises during the Christmas season.  JPM and Citi are the top 2 in regards of cards in circulation, thus the odds are higher for it to ping a JPM card.

Also, policies vary but a CU I am a member of will issue a new card even if your card number was not exposed in a breach.  They theorize if you shopped there even 9 months ago, they just go ahead and have it replaced being proactive.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.