Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Visa SIgnature card??

tag
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Chase Visa SIgnature card??

If a person wanted a visa sig card for the CHASE FREEDOM how does it work? DO you just apply and if you qualify they give it to you?? or do you have to ask for it specifically?? Is it a option when you apply online?? or do you have to apply on phone or in Branch??

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Visa SIgnature card??

You apply and if qualified they'll give you VIsa Signature, if not they give you Visa Platinum instead.

You can upgrade later if you didn't get it at first try, but you may need to escalate it to execuitive office to do it.

Message 2 of 20
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

I have two Visa Sig cards (not Chase), and IMHO the benefits aren't that much better than your regular card.  I should say the average joe would not find themselves using the added features (i.e. corcierge service).  The main benefit is you could in a pinch go over your CL, although you would have to repay any overage by the end of the billing cycle.

It's mainly a status thing I suppose, but I would guess 98% of the public has no idea what a signature card is, or why it's different from any other card.  The credit card industry has so diluted the card naming structure (Platinum! Gold! Gold Platinum!  Platinum Gold Premier!). My opinion...if you can get it from Chase fine, but don't stretch too far for it (i.e. take an HP!).  Just not worth it...again IMO.

Message 3 of 20
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

I have two Visa Sig cards (not Chase), and IMHO the benefits aren't that much better than your regular card.  I should say the average joe would not find themselves using the added features (i.e. corcierge service).  The main benefit is you could in a pinch go over your CL, although you would have to repay any overage by the end of the billing cycle.

It's mainly a status thing I suppose, but I would guess 98% of the public has no idea what a signature card is, or why it's different from any other card.  The credit card industry has so diluted the card naming structure (Platinum! Gold! Gold Platinum!  Platinum Gold Premier!). My opinion...if you can get it from Chase fine, but don't stretch too far for it (i.e. take an HP!).  Just not worth it...again IMO.

You also get special deals like the Fandango BOGO on Fridays!

Message 4 of 20
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

The primary reason I was more into the Visa Sig cards was due to my inner belief they would give a larger starting CL with it then a non-Visa Sig card of same like. It mostly comes from looking up credit pulls and responding credit limits while doing my App Spreee knowlege search. Trying to research different banks and cards if you follow the CL with the new credit apps most the signature cards or higher level cards have higher limits. That could be entirely due to people usually applying to them when they already have higher scores and better credit histories.

Anyone know if you can get just as high credit limits on non-signature cards as compared to the full Signature cards

My latest scores are

EQ FAKO through EQ (750) 1 pull

TU08 DIsccover IT pull (767) 1 pull

EX (???) No pulls

80,000 reported income

1 card Discover IT $7000 CL

AAoA- 14months and growing

waiting on TU to fix CL error with discover and a recent "this month" Discover FICO pull to report new scores then off to final planning. Thanks for the advice : )

Message 5 of 20
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

You can get a large limit from Chase but it still may not be a Visa Signature card. Some people have 8k lines and still have a platinum card. It just depends.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MidnightJester wrote:

The primary reason I was more into the Visa Sig cards was due to my inner belief they would give a larger starting CL with it then a non-Visa Sig card of same like. It mostly comes from looking up credit pulls and responding credit limits while doing my App Spreee knowlege search. Trying to research different banks and cards if you follow the CL with the new credit apps most the signature cards or higher level cards have higher limits. That could be entirely due to people usually applying to them when they already have higher scores and better credit histories.

Yes, very much so!   I look at your CR, give you a suitable CL, and note that it is in the Sig range, and <some unknown criteria> give you a Sig.   Rather than what you seem to propose:

I look at your CR, choose an appropriate CL, then notice that you have applied for a sig card and so increase the CL.   Really don't think so!

Message 7 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

You can get a large limit from Chase but it still may not be a Visa Signature card. Some people have 8k lines and still have a platinum card. It just depends.

And other issuers:  my highest V/MC CL ($33K) is a Visa Plat, my lowest (5K) is a world MC

Message 8 of 20
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Based on that the Visa Sig dosent effect it in most ways if at all. Thanks.

Looking forward to what happens when I apply for 2 or 3 cards in a few weeks. Hoping mostly smiles. I will take less CL if it means me getting each of the 3 cards (Barclay ring or salle mae),(AMEX Blue cash) want into AMEX family, CHase Freedom.  those are the 3 cards I am targeting it seems I could do a preferered version but those 3 are my next cards I want to add to my discover IT  time will tell

My latest scores are

EQ FAKO through EQ (750) 1 pull

TU08 DIsccover IT pull (767) 1 pull

EX (???) No pulls

80,000 reported income

1 card Discover IT $7000 CL

AAoA- 14months and growing

Message 9 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MidnightJester wrote:

Based on that the Visa Sig dosent effect it in most ways if at all. Thanks.

Looking forward to what happens when I apply for 2 or 3 cards in a few weeks. Hoping mostly smiles. I will take less CL if it means me getting each of the 3 cards (Barclay ring or salle mae),(AMEX Blue cash) want into AMEX family, CHase Freedom.  those are the 3 cards I am targeting it seems I could do a preferered version but those 3 are my next cards I want to add to my discover IT  time will tell

By Amex Blue Cash do you mean the Blue Cash Everyday (or the "real" Blue Cash)?   If the former, you really don't need it if you get the Sallie Mae, in that case the Amex Everyday card is a better choice.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.