cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase: World Mastercard >> Visa Signature

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Chase cards offered as World Mastercard changing to Visa Signature once card expires...

@thelethargicage wrote:
If they don't allow me to upgrade my Freedom to Visa Signature after the one-year mark, I will seriously consider closing it.

I have had Chase Freedom for almost ten years. They told me I wasn't eligible to upgrade into Visa Signature Card.

Ron.

Message 11 of 29
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase cards offered as World Mastercard changing to Visa Signature once card expires...

What's your CL on your Freedom, Ron?

Message 12 of 29
Ron1
Super Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:
What's your CL on your Freedom, Ron?

It's 8.5K.

Ron.

Message 13 of 29
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:
If they don't allow me to upgrade my Freedom to Visa Signature after the one-year mark, I will seriously consider closing it.

Why? Very slim differences.

Because I want the word "Signature" on my card.  I think it looks pretty.

Message 14 of 29
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry, but I don't think this is true.  

Just got off the phone with my CSP rep and I converted successfully without any problems. Card will be here in three days.  It'll be cool to have a a WMC, VS, and AMEX.  Protected no matter which card I use Smiley Wink.

Also, there is an option to convert back to Visa Signature whenever I want.  Just thought you guys should know.

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 15 of 29
Ron1
Super Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

6105357058_730156b3ef_b.jpg
Message 16 of 29
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

For the CSP it may be a slower phase, I can't comment for certain. For example new customers can no longer apply directly for a WMC when applying for a CSP. It may be something that can be changed at the moment, but I am not sure it will last much longer. Also as I mentioned, once you have a WMC they will not change it to a Visa Signature until the card has expired. At least that has been confirmed for the Chase Ink line, I am not sure if this is the case for the CSP. At the end this is not 100% confirmed, and either way it could change again in the future. If anyone has a Ink card that is about to expire, maybe they can expand on this. If you are interested in a WMC version of one of these cards, I would try to get it sooner rather than later.

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 17 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Ron1

Please edit/delete the personal card image. Thank you
Message 18 of 29
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

Chase also offers the Amtrak Guest Rewards card only as a Plat MC or WMC, are they switching this over to Visa? 

Message 19 of 29
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

6105357058_730156b3ef_b.jpg

Oh yeah, that's it **orgasm**

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.