Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase ? Yes or no Pre approval offers.

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Chase ? Yes or no Pre approval offers.

Hi today I stop into a Chase branch to ask if I had any pre approval offers from Chase. Banker ask for ID and ssn which I gave to her. She put all the info into computer and told that I was approved for bunch of freedom cards and top metal travel card. The question is  I burnt chase back in 2000 for about 80K on bunch of creditcards and line of credit was charge off never filed bk or any thing, my data points are income 85K fico scores are around 800 or less 2 new accounts in the last year total of 3 accounts in 24 months. What are my chances and I don't to waste couple of hard pulls from chase. I would like to hear what you guys and gals think go for don't bother with chasee. also my ul is less the 600 dollars on total cl of 280K of limits. Thanks for any Ideas.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase ? Yes or no Pre approval offers.

hmmn.

I don't know but am Subscribing to this.

Message 2 of 8
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

20+ years ago is a long time! They probably forgave you 😇

I'll say go back to the branch and grab a card! Your current profile looks good 👍

Message 3 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The only real way you're going to know is if you apply and have them process your application. The fact you have pre-approvals does not indicate that you are off their blacklist for applying for credit with Chase. On one hand it's been 22 years since your charge off but the amount may make even them deny your application for "previous relationship" still to this day

In the end it is just a HP or two so if you really want back in with them I'd roll the dice and find out where you stand with them

Message 4 of 8
Bizambish
Regular Contributor

Nobody can say for sure, but with current relationship, pre approvals, and profile that supports it, I think you're totally good to go.

report back and let us know!

Start: Low 500’s
Most Recent: 738-745
Over 180K CL Club
Focusing on Delta, Hilton, Amex MR, Alaska miles, Citi TYP, and Chase UR
Message 5 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Bizambish wrote:

Nobody can say for sure, but with current relationship, pre approvals, and profile that supports it, I think you're totally good to go.

report back and let us know!

I'm more with @simplynoir , I don't think we can sensibly predict.   Yes, it was a long time ago, but $80K (in 2000 dollars, so about $130K today) is a lot of money.   And preapprovals may not mean much in this context (OP is fine on current record but....) And to agree more, if you really want to know, an HP (or two on different CRAs) isn't such a high price, especially with the good current scores.

Message 6 of 8
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Thank you guys for now I am not going to apply for any chase creditcards but I may open a chase checking account for about 2.5K and see if they let me open account. I did not have any overdrafts with them it was on the creditcards and lines of credit, they could not touch my Ira's did close my checking before they could do an offset.

Message 7 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

That should not be an issue since banking and credit cards are seperate entities as far as when they approve/deny. There might be a small off-chance they flag it for prior relationship but I doubt it. But at the same time don't expect it to get easier getting approved for their credit cards if that was the plan

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.