Chase account guru's. Need advice

tag
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Chase account guru's. Need advice

Currently in my wallet (Chase accounts):

CSP: $10K CL

Freedom: $4K CL

I rencetly app'd for the Slate and was approved for $5K CL to complete the Chase trifecta. However, I'm realizing there was no point to doing that since I have nothing I'd like to take advantage of with the into %0 fees on BTs. So, with that in mind, should I:

A. Move the credit lines over to the Freedom card - to get it up to a $9K CL

B. Keep it and let it grow

The goal here was hoping to get an auto CLI on the freedom ( 3 statements cut so far). However, if I reallocated the slate CL to the freedom card, would that hurt my auto CLI chances on the freedom?

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase account guru's. Need advice

@Ysettle4 wrote:

I rencetly app'd for the Slate and was approved for $5K CL to complete the Chase trifecta. However, I'm realizing there was no point to doing that since I have nothing I'd like to take advantage of with the into %0 fees on BTs. So, with that in mind, should I:

The goal here was hoping to get an auto CLI on the freedom ( 3 statements cut so far). However, if I reallocated the slate CL to the freedom card, would that hurt my auto CLI chances on the freedom?

Auto-CLI's on chase cards are very rare, don't hold your breath, they may take years, unless you are behaving in a way that a lot of other lenders would consider risky, and I don't recomend, max out your Freedom card let it report, pay interest, make a little more than the minimum payment but keep using the card hard, you may get an invite to a SP CLI, but no guarantees, at the same time keep all other cards reporting near zero balance/usage. 4k isn't a bad limit for the freedom, move 1-2k from the slate card to your freedom card, and request it be converted to a signature card. After a year you can move the rest over to the freedom card, the delay is only because you don't want to open a card and close it before a year it looks bad under manual review.  

I have 3 year history with chase and have only had 1 auto-CLI of $300 on my freedom and slate cards.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 11
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

Auto-CLI's on chase cards are very rare, don't hold your breath, they may take years, unless you are behaving in a way that a lot of other lenders would consider risky, and I don't recomend, max out your Freedom card let it report, pay interest, make a little more than the minimum payment but keep using the card hard, you may get an invite to a SP CLI, but no guarantees, at the same time keep all other cards reporting near zero balance/usage. 4k isn't a bad limit for the freedom, move 1-2k from the slate card to your freedom card, and request it be converted to a signature card. After a year you can move the rest over to the freedom card, the delay is only because you don't want to open a card and close it before a year it looks bad under manual review.  

I have 3 year history with chase and have only had 1 auto-CLI of $300 on my freedom and slate cards.

I've read that it requires 1 year of the account being opened to quailify for converting to a freedom signature?

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 3 of 11
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

I've read that it requires 1 year of the account being opened to quailify for converting to a freedom signature?

as with all things credit related, YMMV, as you already have a signature card, CSP, that rule if it does exist may not apply to you.
Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 11
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

I'll definitely give them a call to see. Thanks,

Message 5 of 11
Ellifino
New Contributor

FWIW, I just got an auto-CLI on my Freedom to $1,000 from $500.  Might have been because the limit was so small to start (it was my first card) but auto-CLI's can happen!

Fico Scores: EQ 742 (8/2014), TU 732 (8/2014), EX 731 (8/2014)
Starting Scores: EQ 593 (12/2011)
Goal Score: 750 on all three
My Wallet: Amex BCP $2000 / Chase Freedom $1000 / Chase Slate $2000 / AAFP Bank of America Cash Rewards $1000 / Capital One: $3300 / Amazon Store Card: $1100 / Target: $800 / Walmart: $850 / PayPal SmartConnect: $500
Message 6 of 11
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@Ellifino wrote:

FWIW, I just got an auto-CLI on my Freedom to $1,000 from $500.  Might have been because the limit was so small to start (it was my first card) but auto-CLI's can happen!

That's small - considering your scores (in your sig)? Did you app for the freedom before you current scores?

Message 7 of 11
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

I got an $1,000 Auto CLI after getting the card like 3 months ago. I also have like 30+ inq's on my EX report which chase probably seen. 

I would keep the Slate since A) you have it already and B) You can't get that offer again any time soon if you even can? I am not sure about the 0% BT offer but the point bonuses is like 24 months with chase?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

I got an $1,000 Auto CLI after getting the card like 3 months ago. I also have like 30+ inq's on my EX report which chase probably seen. 

I would keep the Slate since A) you have it already and B) You can't get that offer again any time soon if you even can? I am not sure about the 0% BT offer but the point bonuses is like 24 months with chase?

That's a crapload of inquiries! Were you autoloan shopping?

Message 9 of 11
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

That's a crapload of inquiries! Were you autoloan shopping?

Nope

I have seen people here with 50+ lol

almost every bank with exception of Capital one which pulls from all 3 mostly pull from my EX reports. 

30-33ish from EX

16 on my TU 

10-13 on my EQ

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.