Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase accounts under review

Screenshot_20171125-154449.jpg

Message 11 of 29
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Seems like the Ritz card seems to be a trigger for these type of reviews.  A co-worker of mine back in April had the same issue with Chase.  App'd IHG and Ritz...cards worked for like a week.  Account review triggered...got the wait to hear from us.  His next communication was that they were shutting down his newly approved IHG, Ritz, and his 2 year hold Amazon card.  He didn't even bother fighting it.  

Message 12 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I said "mam I came to visit family in Texas for Thanksgiving. If I lived out of the country I wouldn't be renting a car or staying at a hotel" 

Not this is central to the thread, but I don't understand your response!  Foreign visitors do precisely that

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

The rep was implying maybe I didn't live in California. She asked me twice where I live. My response was based that I visited family in Dallas. Then decided to go to Mexico for a five day trip. You then proceeded to ask "Are you sure you live in the US?". Which made me go livid since I felt I was being accused of lying.

Most of my expenses on the CSP have been travel expenses.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against verifications. But I just wanted input from others since there is nothing I can really do.
Message 14 of 29
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

Seems like the Ritz card seems to be a trigger for these type of reviews.  A co-worker of mine back in April had the same issue with Chase.  App'd IHG and Ritz...cards worked for like a week.  Account review triggered...got the wait to hear from us.  His next communication was that they were shutting down his newly approved IHG, Ritz, and his 2 year hold Amazon card.  He didn't even bother fighting it.  

Why are they so cautious about the Ritz-Carlton card??

Message 15 of 29
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Looks like basic fraud protection too me. Not FR or anything like that. It clearly states that in the screen shot.
Message 16 of 29
NRB525
Super Contributor

OP, it looks like these are your first two Chase cards? My experience includes many years of history, including at least two situations where someone placed fraudulent charges on my cards, events a few years apart and different cards. Chase is good for fraud monitoring. They also have a reference point for my prior activity. 

If soon after getting the cards, a brand new customer has foreign transactions, that might cause them to put a hold on things. It could be that after you talk to the appropriate people after this long holiday that things get sorted out. 

My my suggestion is to wait for that conversation before making any sort of decisions about the cards. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for everyone's input

I hope it's just some kind of fraud protection freeze. They wouldn't tell me any information. Other than wait for a phone call or correspondence. My online access has been restored but the cards are still on hold. 

I just panicked when they stated they didn't need any information from me. I've heard of Chase closing accounts when you open too many at once (like my case). I'll just wait to see what happens

Message 18 of 29
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Did you send Chase a foreign travel notification before you went to Mexico?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I didn't. Since it was just going to be a short trip.

My two cards were restored yesterday though. I never received a phone call like they said. I'm just happy everything seems working now
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.