Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase after bk

tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Chase after bk

How long after bk7 and included can I get in back with chase ?
Can a person with bk be added to a AU for a chase card ?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase after bk

@Jccflat wrote:

Word on the boards is that Chase had changed their rules to no BK on reports. It used to be 5 years post BK. For AU Im not sure.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 2 of 7
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

How old is your bk and you stated you included them?

Chase has a longl memory and if you in fact included them you will be on their list for quite some time.

We filed in 2005 and they denied me for about 10 years, I did manage to get added as an AU , but bk was off reports and it was about 9 years after.  I am no longer an AU (card holder deceased).

But since I am way over the lol/24 , I can't test it out, but when I tried I finally didn't get the "past history" excuse, do I think I am off their internal list.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Typically a BK cant be on your file or instant denial and typically no recon... Once off your reports if you burnt them, be ready to have a conversation with the UW's to be approved..  The credit market in general has tightened up thus harder for people with faults in their credit present/past to be approved.

Message 4 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jccflat wrote:

@Jccflat, there appears to be some confusion.  Can you clarify?  In a post dated from May, you indicated you're brand new to credit based on the thread below.  Where does the BK come into play? 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Nfcu-usage/m-p/5612448

Are you posting on behalf of a family or household member? 

Message 5 of 7
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Yea for my husband
Message 6 of 7
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

As others have stated Chase will not approve you for your own card with a BK on your credit report.    It may well be an extended period after that 10 years before they will give you a new card. Some folks are still waiting at 20 years.   And those who have managed to get back in with Chase are often pigeonholed with crappy limits -- like $500 or $1000 -- and Chase will not increase those limits or do so very slowly.

In terms of adding authorized users, Chase doesn't care about BK's or other prior losses.   They will make anybody an A/U so long as the primary card holder asks for it.   The A/U is never liable for charges put on the card.   (I was added as an A/U to three Chase cards after burning them in BK7 on two of my cards totalling over more $50K.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.