Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase after bk

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase after bk

Sorry Kugel, the Credit One was not meant for you it was more a joke or my bad Credit One humor.

Ill tell you the black list worse than any big bank is Banco Popular. Not only dont they forget they dont forgive. Smiley Sad Not like i need any of their credit cards, basically worthless imo and nothing i cant get elsewhere.
Message 21 of 33
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@kugel wrote:
Thanks
Thanks god navy penfed cap one and discover saved me a total of 180k available credit
Yea what about Bofa , Barclays ,?

If Barclays was IIB - not much of a chance.  Although, there's been some rare reports of individuals being able to get back in.  Worse case scenario, you can try them.  If still on the naughty list, it will be a SP.

BoA can be forgiving, whether you IIB or the presence of BK.  So, there may be a ray of hope with them.  If IIB, it's whenever they want to let you play in their sandbox.  HP no matter what when you apply.

My suggestion is to nurture those that you have now and treat them well.

BoA doesn’t blacklist? I burned them for about $8K so not a huge amount but I figured I would never be able to get a card with them again. 

I burned BoA and US Bank in my BK. US Bank got burned for a CC and a checking reserve line so I think I’ll be on the naughty list a long time but BoA might be worth a shot when I’m slightly less LOL/24 and 700 across the board. 

The best way to get back in with BoA if IIB is a secured card. I included a BoA CC for $9k in my 2010 BK7 and opened a secured card in 2015 for the minimum of $300, today it's a Cash Rewards card with $5k CL, and in 4/2018 they approved me for a Travel Rewards card for $5k CL. They tell you the secured card will unsecure at 12 months, I called in and got it unsecured at 8 months (Backdoor #s, Secured Cards). Then in 2017 I called in and asked if there were any upgrade offers and got it upgraded to Cash Rewards and got a CLI, no HP.

I've read that a secured card is also a good way to get back in with Citi, but those can only be opened in branch, and no Citi branches in AZ, so no Citi for me, but no loss in my opinion.

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kugel wrote:
So Amex if I did include them
How long wait is it ?

Now that one I believe is 5 years minimum.  There will be no guarantee to ever get back in with them if they were IIB.  Some have got lucky and I remember reading about 1 member that is well over the 20 year mark and hasn't been able to get back in.

If you didn't have an account with them that was IIB, on the other hand, your chances at the end of 5 years post-discharge should be decent depending on your overall credit profile when you go to apply, particularly if you start getting pre-qualified/pre-approved offers at that point. I never even have had an account with Amex, so I'll likely start looking seriously into a card with them late this year (since my BK filing and discharge took place in the fall).

Message 23 of 33
kugel
Valued Contributor

U got discharged fall from bk
And u plans already looking in into a annex card by end of the year isn’t early ?
Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:
And u plans already looking in into a annex card by end of the year isn’t early ?

I was discharged in late fall 2014. That means it'll be 5 years as of late fall 2019.

Message 25 of 33
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kugel wrote:

I was discharged in late fall 2014. That means it'll be 5 years as of late fall 2019.

My discharge was 1/31/2011, Amex pre-qual didn't show any pre-qual approvals for me until spring 2017, 6 years post discharge. Amex not included in BK, perhaps they might have approved me sooner, but I wanted a pre-qual just to be sure.

Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@kugel wrote:
Thanks
Thanks god navy penfed cap one and discover saved me a total of 180k available credit
Yea what about Bofa , Barclays ,?

If Barclays was IIB - not much of a chance.  Although, there's been some rare reports of individuals being able to get back in.  Worse case scenario, you can try them.  If still on the naughty list, it will be a SP.

BoA can be forgiving, whether you IIB or the presence of BK.  So, there may be a ray of hope with them.  If IIB, it's whenever they want to let you play in their sandbox.  HP no matter what when you apply.

My suggestion is to nurture those that you have now and treat them well.

BoA doesn’t blacklist? I burned them for about $8K so not a huge amount but I figured I would never be able to get a card with them again. 

I burned BoA and US Bank in my BK. US Bank got burned for a CC and a checking reserve line so I think I’ll be on the naughty list a long time but BoA might be worth a shot when I’m slightly less LOL/24 and 700 across the board. 

The best way to get back in with BoA if IIB is a secured card. I included a BoA CC for $9k in my 2010 BK7 and opened a secured card in 2015 for the minimum of $300, today it's a Cash Rewards card with $5k CL, and in 4/2018 they approved me for a Travel Rewards card for $5k CL. They tell you the secured card will unsecure at 12 months, I called in and got it unsecured at 8 months (Backdoor #s, Secured Cards). Then in 2017 I called in and asked if there were any upgrade offers and got it upgraded to Cash Rewards and got a CLI, no HP.

I've read that a secured card is also a good way to get back in with Citi, but those can only be opened in branch, and no Citi branches in AZ, so no Citi for me, but no loss in my opinion.

At this point adding a secured card to my wallet would actually look quite bad in a review I would think. I don’t actually have any dire need for BoA in my wallet right now and since they were the ones who pretty much forced me to have to do BK in the first place, I’m probably better off without them but it’s good to know if I ever want something I’ll have a chance at least. 

Message 27 of 33
kugel
Valued Contributor

Same here I’m not exactly happy to get in back with BANK OF AMERICA since they have a weakness to close accounts for people that’s what he did to me in the past
And this and this was for no reason
Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a feeling I am one of those people that will be a 10+ if always blacklisted by Chase and Citi.  My BK is only on my EQ and will be gone next month and I still cannot prequal for either card.  I burned both hard though in the BK (north of 100k) so I think I might be on the forever list.

Message 29 of 33
sjt
Senior Contributor

@kugel wrote:
Yea but after five years is ok to get in

Chase changed their policy a while ago. You used to be able to recon an app if your BK was over 5 years. Its not the case anymore.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.