Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase allow previous BK for an AU card?

tag
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Chase allow previous BK for an AU card?

I'm planning out a roadmap for myself, DW, and both of my college DD's for the next year or so.  Chase Freedom is probably the #1 goal card for any of us to apply for next year (we are all in the garden at this time after we all received 2 new accounts over the past 4 months).  I would love to be able to get the Chase F due to the category spends lining up with our spend, and it seems to alternate similar categories with Disco It making them a great pair.

For DW and myself, we have no chance with Chase until our BK7 drops in 3 more years.  Next year, however, both DD's should have an excellent chance at getting CFU.  If either one are approved for a CFU, would Chase allow myself or DW to be added as an AU?  Or does the BK7 rule still apply with AU cards too?  I don't remember any credit checks being run on AU accounts for our current cards, but Chase may be different for all I know.

Second part, if myself or DW are able to be added as AU, does that help our chances of getting in with Chase after the BK drops off our reports (kind of like having a checking or savings account with them can sometimes help)?  

EDIT: Corrected the card to Chase Freedom (originally had the Freedom Unlimited listed).

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SBR249
Established Contributor

Re: Chase allow previous BK for an AU card?

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

I'm planning out a roadmap for myself, DW, and both of my college DD's for the next year or so.  Chase FU is probably the #1 goal card for any of us to apply for next year (we are all in the garden at this time after we all received 2 new accounts over the past 4 months).  I would love to be able to get the Chase FU due to the category spends lining up with our spend, and it seems to alternate similar categories with Disco It making them a great pair.

For DW and myself, we have no chance with Chase until our BK7 drops in 3 more years.  Next year, however, both DD's should have an excellent chance at getting CFU.  If either one are approved for a CFU, would Chase allow myself or DW to be added as an AU?  Or does the BK7 rule still apply with AU cards too?  I don't remember any credit checks being run on AU accounts for our current cards, but Chase may be different for all I know.

Second part, if myself or DW are able to be added as AU, does that help our chances of getting in with Chase after the BK drops off our reports (kind of like having a checking or savings account with them can sometimes help)?  

You mean the Chase Freedom right? Because the FU is the flat 1.5% CB card. 

I don't recall hearing that Chase runs credit checks on AUs so you should be OK. However, depending on your DDs' profile, they may well end up with toy limits since AU incomes aren't generally factored into consideration for CL. 

As for eventually getting a Chase card. Unless you burned Chase or a bank that Chase bought out in your BK or anytime in the past, you should be fine. 

Message 2 of 4
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Opps, yes I meant the CF with the rotating categories.  I just can't keep them straight!  LOL

Never owned a Chase, so we are golden there.  I fully expect a toy limit on my youngest DD.  That's kind of why we chose AMEX BCE as her 2nd card even though she won't be buying groceries, hoping that maybe AMEX will give her a sizeable CL within the next year that would prompt Chase in doing the same.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yess you should be OK as an AU.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.